Enclosure bracing

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dafaseles

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Curious about what you all have used to brace the inside of a big enclosure. I'd like to use metal poles (stripper poles) to brace mine when I build it, but for the life of me can't find anyone who makes them or sells them on a website. Figured I'd ask you fine gentlemen

Curious about what you all have used to brace the inside of a big enclosure. I'd like to use metal poles (stripper poles) to brace mine when I build it, but for the life of me can't find anyone who makes them or sells them on a website. Figured I'd ask you fine gentlemen
Just fab what you need, this is 2" dowel /w/ 6x6 .75" square ends.
Ftj7sw.jpg

I saw some metal ones made to order somewhere too. I just can't remember where.

Just fab what you need, this is 2" dowel /w/ 6x6 .75" square ends.
Ftj7sw.jpg

I saw some metal ones made to order somewhere too. I just can't remember where.
I was hoping to use metal, purely for aesthetics. No real reason other than that. Although fabricating dowels seems quite simple. That's definitely the backup plan if I can't find metal ones

Bracing really can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it works. I tend to use just the same wood as the rest of the box is built out of, because it's just easier on most people, keeps it simple, for me as well.

Some people use metal bracing, that's a great way to save a TON of room inside, especially on a box your size.

It's really whatever you can imagine, if you can make it work haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...