Enclosure and port help..

Participant count
  • Participant list

negativezeroz
5,000+ posts

Nothing Is Promised
I need to get off my lazy ass and build an enclosure for my RL-i8. I had a fiberglass one I needed to just add another layer, sand, and paint but my parents threw it out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

So back to the drawing board...thinking just a simple little box with piece of mdf to form a wall to wall off my trunk. Enclosure would be around 0.75cf tuned to 30Hz but how big should the port be? On my fiberglass'd one I was using a 2" round port, flared, that was a tad bit over 12" long.

Any tips on securing the wall/enclosure to my trunk? It's an '06 Si. I'm gonna port through the rear deck.

I wanna do this:
Box14.jpg

as far as the way the sub/wall is mounted....i would think that some brackets would work wonders though if mounted from the inside of the sub wall.as far as the port...check with the manf. specs and then go from there to fine tune it. good luck man!!

reviving my old thread...gonna do this next week...time has gotten away from me so would like suggestions/ideas

Still probably shooting for ~0.75cf (total...before displacements) tuning still ~30Hz but if I can't get the port through rear deck that's fine..I'd like to but since it's such a small enclosure i dont know

I kinda wish I had another rli8d4 then itd be easier to make a nice enclosure and get lower

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.