Elemental Designs Subs

Chopped
10+ year member

LA
I have been reading all the good things about these subs on this message board but I know Zero about them. What basically can I expect from one series of sub to the next. Is there that extreme of a difference? I was really suprised when I hooked up my 8" L7 with 400watts. How would these compare in SPL, SQ to say.. Kicker l7, comp, RF punch? I am trying to choose a sub 10" or 12" doesn't much matter to me.

I have been reading all the good things about these subs on this message board but I know Zero about them. What basically can I expect from one series of sub to the next. Is there that extreme of a difference? I was really suprised when I hooked up my 8" L7 with 400watts. How would these compare in SPL, SQ to say.. Kicker l7, comp, RF punch? I am trying to choose a sub 10" or 12" doesn't much matter to me.
Kx (150w RMS) is eD's entry level subs. I've not heard them yet, so I can't say if they are any good.

K's (300w) are the most popular due to price: performance ratio.

O's (500w) are mainly bought by people who like to have a lot of deep bass and SQ to their music. It doesn't perform so well in a ported box. Free air one and you've got yourself a very good sounding sub.

A's (1000w)are the flagship series. These were still made for SQ, but happened to get loud.

btw, I used to run rockfords. I thought they were loud, but sounded like crap. L7, I've only heard it in vehicles, never tried installing my own, so I dunno.

It'd be a better bet if you could tell us what exactly you are looking for in a subwoofer (SPL, SQ, music) as well as what kind of power you wish to put on the subs.

Im looking for a daily use sub, nothing great just for general use. I will probably put ~3-400 watts to it.

all the subs the author wrote about can be made to work rather well (except the rockfords...only series under the he2(including he2) i ever got to sound nice were the z's and i did alot of them working at best buy) if you wanna be unique try a ed sub and follow warbleeds advice i think he knows a lil bit about his woofers

How would the Ed subs compare to the older Alpine DDDrive subs. I had 2 of the dddrive 12"s a while back and they sounded pretty good. Good SQ and pretty loud.

i believe it would be favorible..your talking the neo magnet alpine subs right? if you are i would take the second in line k series (up the totum pole) or an o would put it to shame. the advancment in speakers over the last 10 yrs have basically in the hi output subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.