Electrical Problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fathom 7411
10+ year member

Ok just got my dual AA 15s in and for about the first week had no problem with the sound actually almost pooped myself for how good it sounded. well then about 4-5 days after having them what started happening was the volume of the subs just started fading sometimes they will hit hard as hell but lately im just very disappointed . what makes me more frustrated is that my gf's car has only one and sound just awesome not nearly as loud as mine was but u get the picture. i guess my question is does this sound like a problem with my alt not getting enough power to my amp. i have for my sub amp the memphis mojo 16-2000d. if it is a alt problem then does anyone know where i would get a ho alt from for a 01 civic and what size i would need. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

It could also be pyschoacoustics. You get used to the bass after awhile, or in some extreme cases.. damage your hearing so badly that it sounds quieter.

But in this case, it sounds like they'll go hard sometimes and not others. Could be cabling could be voltage drops. Check the RCA's and the speaker and power wires first. Then after all that is hunky dorie, do the Big Three upgrade and see if that helps any. After those things, if you still feel the need, get an HO alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.