Electrical problem please help. i dont want to spend 300 dollars

aj3000
10+ year member

so after i installed my soundsystem i stopped getting power to my constant which caused the dome light, power locks, keyless entry, alarm, and radio to not work unless the 12 volt and constant are spliced. and even then the stuff only works when i turn the ingition. what do i doo!

Just remove those pesky fuses once and for all. Simply put a piece of wire in there to jump the connection. Doesn't matter how big of wire. The smaller the wire, the easier I have found.

JUST KIDDING! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just remove those pesky fuses once and for all. Simply put a piece of wire in there to jump the connection. Doesn't matter how big of wire. The smaller the wire, the easier I have found.

JUST KIDDING! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I kinda did something like this one time insted i put a higher rated fuse in the spot and my whole wire harness burned up

What kind of vehicle is it? You'll need to find the +12v wire that powers all of those things, and find out where the juice stops on that wire. My car had the same problem and it was a fusible link. Took me quite a while to figure it out.

I have a similar problem/question. I hooked up a brand new amp today and it doesn't work out of the box. The only thing that could have possibly caused this other than a defective amp is this...When I was hooking up the positive (constant) wire to the amp there was a small spark. I usually hook up the ground after the positive, but this time I didn't because the positive was the shortest one so I hooked it up last. I have seen sparks like this many times and never had a problem. It was a very small spark. No fuses blown. I know the wiring is right because this amp is replacing another amp that I have been running for quite a while with no problems.

I am wondering if the spark coming from the +12v wire with the amp already grounded could have somehow screwed up the amp.

The amp seems to power up normally and the protection light does not come on. I have also played with all the level controls and crossover to make sure it isn't something like that.

Like I said, the spark is the only thing that happened that could have possibly caused this. I know this for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.