99 Accord (4 stroke, manual)

alpine 9887

75x2 amp

600x1 amp

2 4g power wires going back

stock alt

Kirkland bat (2 months old)

compustar alarm

in the last year, my car has died about a dozen times. 8 of those in the last 2 weeks.

about 2 months ago, my bass died. i hooked up both of my SE coils to my battery and the sub moves. the amp powers up but no sound.

so i take my car to a shop, they say its my stock alarm, whether or not my compustar alarm is interfering with the stock alarm, they didnt know but couldnt touch the stock alarm because of some codes, a Honda dealer would have to do it

so i take it to a Honda dealer and they ask me if my car dies when im not listening to my stereo, i tell them im not sure. he thinks im pulling too much off my alt and its dieing, but i tell him my sub amp hasnt worked in a few months but it still powers up.

is it possible that my amp is still pulling power, so much that my alt cant hang and it stalls out my car? doubt it. its an 80amp alt, iirc. my car is also sometimes hard to start. i have to give it a lot of gas after it starts or it will die cause the rpms drop big time

idk

thanks

timing is off maybe needs a tuneup. there are so many possibilities. but if they say its the amp wouldn't the 1st and easiest thing to try be unhooking it??

When the car stalls or is about to, does the engine begin to shake, the rpm begin to drop off and does it restart right away after it stalls ?

When the car stalls or is about to, does the engine begin to shake, the rpm begin to drop off and does it restart right away after it stalls ?
it doesnt shake, sometimes it doesnt die completely but usually when it dies, it gives me a little trouble restarting it. i have to fight to keep the rpms up, its like somethings ****** the life out of it and i have to fight it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.