• Participant list

n2audio
5,000+ posts

OPTIDRIVEN
Set up:

Stock HU to Scosche SLC-4

4 ch amp bridged for components appx 250x2

Mono amp - 1 ohm, 1000w.

When I first installed this a couple yrs ago I had a bit of high frequency engine noise through the tweeters. It's pretty minor, and inaudible at moderate volume so I just let it go.

Now that it's summer, my radiator fans turn on a lot and when they do that minor engine noise is more noticeable -- borderline annoying, but since it's intermittent I haven't been adequately motivated to try to eliminate it.

New problem -- Now, when the 2nd radiator fan turns on I get a fairly loud hum through the sub. Not sure what's going on and why it just popped up w/o any other system changes, but it's loud enough that it's going to get old fast. Fortunately, the fan only cycles in stop and go traffic and most of my driving is hwy.

I do pull my sub and its amp every once in a while for cargo space, but they always go back in the same way.

The amps ground through a d-block. Grounding location is sheet metal, but it's sanded to bare metal and voltage drop at the amp(s) is minimal.

Where should I start?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.