electric up front 14.48 stays same rear drops below 12v

Participant count
  • Participant list

stereohead69
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oswego ny
Ok this is probly a dumb fix ok my front battery both before and after the fuse read 14.48 volts the whole time I play my subs till the amp goes into protect in the rear I have 3 kinetik 2400s that read 14.48 volts as well untill I turn the bass up then they all drop below 12.00 volts sending the amp into protect I have tryed cleaning the same ground that I have used for years didn't help I tryed charging all batteries still nothing different I checked ohms they are still at about 1.28 so I don't know what it could be HELP ME PLEASE.

The amp is a powerbass xa3000.1 factory alt Rockford fosgate 0 gauge I have been running this setup for at least 2 years with no problems

i suspect the amp ground is bad. to test this theory measure the voltage between the negative terminal at the amplifier and your negative battery terminal under your hood. if this value is not 0 or very close to it, then i would recommend running a full ground. whenever i run two or more batteries i always just run a full ground and the rear batteries need not even be grounded to the chassis. in other words all batteries are wired + to +, and in the same exact manner they are wired - to -.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.