Elec Sys Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cadillaccam
10+ year member

Keller
I am trying to figure out what I should do with my setup. I have been out of the audio game for 5 years and just bought a pair of Atomic APX 12's. They are dual 2ohm and rating around 2000 watts a piece. I plan to get a HO 250A alt but didn't know if a 2nd battery off an isolator would be needed or just two runs of 0ga would be fine?

Or would it be smarter to sell one and just run around 2k with the Alt.

Thanks in advance.

extra batt is good, isolator too if you want to listen just a little without the car running. HO alt is great to keep all the batt's charged

Yeah they fell in on a deal no one could pass up. I was thinking about Crescendo 3k @ .5ohm? Or maybe a Sundown 3k? Still researching what would be the best and not overpriced. I know it is hard to answer the "will I be good" question just didn't if the alt and a couple runs would get me by and work into extra battery.

just do what your electrical can handle. There is no law that says you cannot under power a sub and it not sound good. You can make those subs sound real good with 750watts each. as long as you do not clip the signal feeding them.

I would look to this over anything you mentioned so far:

American Bass - VFL 200.1

wire them to 2ohms if you have to for maximum electrical efficiency until you think your electrical can support a .5ohm load...then let the VFL 200.1 really shine.

or, check this out, the VFL120.1 on one of them for 2200 watts at 1 ohm, then strap another later with the other sub at 2ohms for 4500watts.

http://americanbassusa.com/product.detail/product_id/58

If you doubt the abilities of these amps, just ask around.

just my .2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.