eD A surround repair

BAsK510
10+ year member

Epitome
My friend has about a 2 inch tear in his surround on one of his eD A's and i was wondering what to tell him to do about it repair wise...do u think CA glue would be strong enough to hold it while playing with about 1k watts...he has arc audio amps...

Thank for any input

BAsK

Honestly that big of tear would hinder the performance IMO . I'd send it back to ED and have them put on a new surround. Call and talk to Ben first about the repair but I doubt it . Sounds to me liek they would need ot change it.

Yeah, time to send that sub back...that's too good a sub to run damaged //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

im tryin out gorilla glue on my old magnum haha. **** is already WAY past warranty, so i figured hmm, with a 5 inch rip in my surround it aint gonna run either way so ill try gorilla glue. ill let you know how it goes but i can almost guarantee it wont go good haha

aight coo...be sure to let me know how that worked...if u can get some before and after pics...
BAsK
i used to have before pics but i deleted them a month or so back. the tear was basically pretty huge man. it was right where the surround "folds" over if you will and attaches to the cone. right in that little groove, and this tear went all the way across. i for sure will get some after pics though if you want. im gonna start free air testing the sub after i get back from work so well see if it holds up lol.

nofriend-i was thinking of the same thing putting a small piece on the front and one on the back with some CA glue but i dodnt knwo if that would make that side too stiff..

george-that is pretty much where his tear is too...yeah once u test it out get some pics and feedback...thanks

he is willing to sell his messed up one and the good one for $150...is that a coo deal?...

BAsK

i doubt eD will beable/willing to fix it, unless its under warentee... but still i doubt its covered there. eD doesnt make these subs anymore and mostg likely lack the parts for repair... also ben is a ass and will probly keep ur sub for a long long time before u get it back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

what size?

also ben is a ass and will probly keep ur sub for a long long time before u get it back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Personal experience?

Anyways; the glue/silicone thing will work short time on a tear that size. But, I'd call up Ben and see if anything can be done to fix it (obviously, you'd have to pay though).

$150 for a good one AND the messed up one? $150 is a pretty good deal just for the good one IMO.

yeah...they are eD A 12"...and yeah he said 150 for both...like 100 for the good and liek 50 for the torn one but he didnt seem very firm on that or sure of it...he just threw some numbers up when i asked...cause he is replacing them with 2 12" RE XXX's that he just got but he needs to wait for his arc audio amps to get back...

BAsK

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.