eD 16Kv.2 and eD NINe.2 Amp Question

Russcat
10+ year member

Al
The eD website has a package where you can get one of the Kv.2 drivers with one of their Nine.2 Amps (400x1 @ 4 ohm) amps for only $250.I think this would be a very good buy and I was looking at getting a 16Kv.2.I know Ive read some pretty bad stuff about eD on here but how are their products really?Would this sub and amp combonation sound good and would it be loud or should I look into something else?Ive been debating on a system for a while and this seems like it would save me lots of money if its worth it.Also the guy told me on the phone that the subs and amps would be shipping next week.Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Elemental Designs is a good company when it comes with quality and price. The K series driver has had a pretty good amount of success in it's past couple of years and you really enjoy it. However, the only problem is that eD are horrible with deadlines.

Even after they tell you something is going to start shipping, it seems that something must always come up. Even if they tell you on the phone something will be shipping, sometimes that always doesn't happen.

However, when their new line of drivers eventually do ship, I believe the eD bashing will soon stop. They lost a lot of credibility because of this which is going to take a while for them to regain.

Also, for the love of god don't turn this into another eD bashing thread. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Yeah I read one last night that was like 7 pages long.It just sounded like a good deal for that package.And I cant think of anywhere else I can get a quality 15 and amp for $250 shipped.Should I go ahead and order it or what?Would this sub and amp combination be pretty loud?

I have a pair of the old 15a.22s Ive ran them in many types of boxes, and different amounts of power..... Never had a single issue. GOD I hope I didnt jinx myself.

I do agree on the deadlines part, I would buy from them again, I just wouldnt hold my breath on waiting for their products.

Elemental Designs is a good company when it comes with quality and price. The K series driver has had a pretty good amount of success in it's past couple of years and you really enjoy it. However, the only problem is that eD are horrible with deadlines.
Even after they tell you something is going to start shipping, it seems that something must always come up. Even if they tell you on the phone something will be shipping, sometimes that always doesn't happen.

However, when their new line of drivers eventually do ship, I believe the eD bashing will soon stop. They lost a lot of credibility because of this which is going to take a while for them to regain.

Also, for the love of god don't turn this into another eD bashing thread. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

I hope they do well....because i heard so many great things about thier subs before all the bashing began. If ED does well, it would only be better to us as consumers because it would make all of the other companies (RE, Adire) want to get better to stay on top. They also have great prices

Well i ordered the 16kv.2 15 today with the amp for $250 shipped.Seems like a good deal.They were nice though I still havn't got that confirmation e-mail he promised....

they do **** at deadlines. but everything is finally in-house and shipping.
since you know that they have the subs, im assumin that you are somewhat close to them. I just have a few questions. Whats the difference between the k series and the o series. do they have the new subs available for people who didnt preorder?

I know a lot of people are gonna talk about thier reliability issues. I read most of the stuff from that 17(?) page thread that started just a few months ago. but i have also read a lot of good things about thier subs. hopefully they do better this time around. thanks

*is that 10 inch kv2 excursion video on ed's website in a sealed box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.