ED 15AE Aluminum Cone Observations

After breaking my 15AE in for a week I decided to give it around +/- 800wrms in my setup (see my sig). OMG!

The guy that reviewed the sub on ED website was right. You can literally cram your music down peoplez throats with this thing.

I put in my Lil' Jon CD, for regular music excursion purposes only. I played track #2 Throw It Up. I popped my trunk to see how far my sub was moving. Man, it had to be literally moving ~1.25" (only ~800 watts). It looked wonderful. My rearview mirror headed south as soon as the bass dropped,lol.

THEN, I played Twista- Overdose. !!!!!!!

That song shakes EVERYTHING. I'm not one of those people that try to be heard from long distances, but I seen people walking up the side walk WAY up the streets I drove down looking back to see who was beatin'.

As soon as I drove through this one neighborhood, I couldn't pay people to stop looking at me. That thing is freakin awesome. It gets loud as you need, and it sounds wonderful doing it.

I'm still in shock that it gets THAT loud in a box tuned @24hz. I can't imagine, and refuse to try it in my box tuned @35hz with a bigger vent. I'd definately ruin my ears if I did that.

Right now I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase, and it's still not even broke all the way in yet.

Alas, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Welp,

I got it moving about 1.5" now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif And that's just with regular music...Lil' Jon.

And it's still as clear as can be.

I've been in some peoples' cars where their subs made almost all drums sound the same. Yeah, some were louder than others, but they all sounded the same.

With this sub I can tell every little difference between drums. It's wonderful,lol. Some drums hit HARD, some just punchy, some springy. The SQ is remarkable.

I'd even dare to say it sounds even tad bit better than my Crystal CMPx2 15's, but that wouldn't exactly be fair, bcuz my Crystal sub was in an optimum vented box, and I put the 15AE in that same box, which is 1 cubic foot over optimum (~3.3 cubic feet). I think larger boxes make them sound better, especially when it's tuned as low as mine is, 24hz.

I wish I had the room to put my Crystal in a 4.2 cubic feet vented box @24hz, then that would be a fair comparison...

BUT, using the exact same box, the ED 15AE does, IMO, sound better. Money well spent //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif And less strain on my electrical system to power it.

2 :thumbsup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.