Old Brahma Chart?

Participant count
  • Participant list

violator5spd
10+ year member

Post Wh0re Hunter
Ohio
Hey guys,

Wow, I haven't been on these boards for a longgg time. How's everyone been? I'm starting to get back into car audio, which is a constant on/off thing for me. Anyways, I've noticed that Adire changed their site around. Last time I had seen it, they had a chart for their Brahma sub that said with a certain size box it will take a specific amount of watts to get the sub to reach full excursion. Does anyone have this or know where it is now? I remember it well b/c they didn't want people to think it took 1600 watts to get it moving, when in reality you could get a 10" bouncing in a 4cu.ft. box with just 400 watts or something like that. Well, if anyone remembers, please let me know, I plan on getting a 10" or 12". Thanks,

John

Supa_c, I agree, I hate Adire's new site along with RE's.

Boister77, thanks for those charts!

By the way...is there a formula or something they use to figure those charts out or what? For a 10" they show it would take 1000w in a .49^3ft box, 700w in a .87^3ft box, but they stop there. Is there a way to figure out how many watts it would take in a 1.2^3ft box or a 2^3ft box? Thanks again.

Would it make sense for these same charts to apply to RE's XXX subs also? I mean, not exactly, but pretty much, considering they are both 1600w rms and they are both huge subs?

Thanks for calculating that Jmac //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ...Is that for the 10" Brahma or the 10" XXX?

Also, is there a place I can dowload this 'BBP6' program?

How would those power requirements change if it were in a ported box, would it take less power to reach maximum excursion?

How many watts would it take to get a 15" XXX & a 15" Brahma to full excusrion in a 4cu.ft. ported box?

Hey, if there's somewhere I can download that program, I can stop bugging you :thumbsup I searched for it on Google, but I couldn't find it. Thanks

Pushing any sub to maximum excursion isn't a good idea.

If you are porting, you won't get all that much cone movement around tuning. Drop below tuning, and the woofer will unload and move a ton...and ultimately destroy itself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.