Eclipse xa1000... why does shut down when too high of volume???

Participant count
  • Participant list

anbeck23

well i have had this xa1000 for a while and i have always had a problem with it turning off when i turn the volume up too high. I have the amp hooked up to 2 12 inch kicker cvr's. i have messed with all the controls and when i got it to a place where it didnt turn off at but then i wasnt satisfided with the bass that was being put out.

i have no idea what is causing to shutdown.. just relply if you have any idea to what is causeing to to shutdown... o ya i have it wired to 4 gauge wiring too

it is going into protect because you have all the setting jacked up trying to get more output from the amp. The amp only outs out 480 watts rms @ 2ohms. What v.c. config are your subs?

well i have thought about gettign a new amp for a while too... but i jsut dont have the money right now. i was looking at pheonix gold ryval 1600 watt which puts out 800 or so rms at 2 ohms and thats almost double the watts for only $150 dollars...... would this be a good deal or not?? and i guess i dont know what the v.c. config is on my subs... i bought them off of crutchfield

What model subs do you have? and how are they wired up inside the box

Funny I had a thread the other day about my Ea4100 amp shutting off at high volumes, i had my input too high

haha.... well i have tried turnign down the input and the bass boost but then i do find a good place where it doesnt turn off.... and then i want more bass..... so pretty much i need a new amp

well at least you were running the right total impedance for the amp. You really just need more power as you stated. about double that power would be idea in my opinion. I would go with a kicker zx750.1 if I were you. they will do around 800-900 watts at 2 ohms.

well i looked at that amp for a while too but it is just out of my price range.... and the ryval 800.1 is only $150 so jsut wondering if that would be an ok amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.