Eclipse AVN6600.... Is it worth the wait???

Is there not a sub level control in the section that has crossover stuff? Thats where the sub level control was on the AVN7000.

And yes, I agree, its a nice convenience thats missing.

what do you mean? i got it to work. I just need to take it back to the nstaller and micro-manage his ass while he re-installs the deck and I make sure that he seals up all loose connections.

what do you mean? i got it to work. I just need to take it back to the nstaller and micro-manage his ass while he re-installs the deck and I make sure that he seals up all loose connections.

I am sorry, I missed that you got it going again. Are you gonna hook it to an Ipod? If so could you give some feedback or maybe pics? So do you anticipate being happy with the unit? What did you have before and how does it compare SQ wise? Thanks,

Neil

I have the Ipod adapter, but it was not installed yet. They will have to do that too! I will give you feed back when installed.

Before the AVN6600 was installed, I had everything running off the stock deck to the amps. This sounds so much cleaner, especially at loud volumes... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am going to wait. I talked to Eclipse yeasterday, and the TECH rep told me that if I am doind a whole high-end system, I would DEFINITELY notice a nice diferrence in sound quality.
I guess I am waiting...
Of course Eclipse is going to tell you that. Why wouldn't they? They want you to wait for the highest price unit they have so they can get more of your money. I'm not saying the 6600 isn't a nice piece but ECLIPSE is going to say whatever you want to hear to get you to spend more money on their equipment.

If you want sub level control, add a JL Audio RBC-1 remote bass knob to your 500/1, its $40 or so retail I think. That would probably be the quickest/easiest way to do it.

Anyone know of anything I can use?

Dude, you have subwoofer output/phase/level/crossover control on your 6600. You hit the info button, then touch setting, then touch next, then touch woofer. You can access everything from there.

You would have to be crazy to think that a $1,999 deck with three 5v preouts would not have sub control //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Dude, It is like 5 screems away, and it is very subtle. I can not actually turn tre sub off if I want, and turning it up does not seem very effective. The "woofer" control does not seem to do much in my system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.