Eclipse AVN6600.... Is it worth the wait???

Eclipse used to be IMO a good brand.... From the dealers I've spoken with they have had a lot of quality issues the last couple years. I wouldn't be running a Eclipse deck now if I could find something that was a SQ unit with Sirius controls...

If you ever wander over the Eclipse Japan website, you will see that we are getting the shaft here in the US as far as AVN units are concerned. They have like 6-7 DD units and the software being displayed is amazing. Full color images of buildings and such, its crazy. Bring stuff like that over here and see an increase in business.

BTW, you didn't hear it from me again, but expect some really cool AVN and video units at CES, from what I was told, there should be some "industry firsts" introduced, whatever that means.

If you ever wander over the Eclipse Japan website, you will see that we are getting the shaft here in the US as far as AVN units are concerned. They have like 6-7 DD units and the software being displayed is amazing. Full color images of buildings and such, its crazy. Bring stuff like that over here and see an increase in business.
BTW, you didn't hear it from me again, but expect some really cool AVN and video units at CES, from what I was told, there should be some "industry firsts" introduced, whatever that means.

As in from eclipse or in gereral

Anyone for tha matter..... It would be slick to see the DRZ updated to include video in a double din package with a few more goodies add in...

^^^From Eclipse. I don't doubt we will be seeing some cool stuff at CES, but from what I heard about Eclipse pulling out of the US market and such, I am sure that they will try to release something worth while to boost sales.

Check out this from Fujitsu Ten Japan:

http://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/navi/avn8805hd/index.html

Check out how insane the software is.

I remember seeing that navi from japan, they are so far ahead it's not even funny.. That is some cool s*** there .. Now all your doing is gonna want to make me bounce back to the premier 880prs thread, if eclipse has something coming out next year

^^^

Just take what I said as a rumor, and be happy with your unit. Next year is next year. Even if something new is shown at CES, it will probably be out at this time next year, thats a FULL year to wait. You can get good use out of your unit in that time, sell it, and then get the new unit.

^^^Just take what I said as a rumor, and be happy with your unit. Next year is next year. Even if something new is shown at CES, it will probably be out at this time next year, thats a FULL year to wait. You can get good use out of your unit in that time, sell it, and then get the new unit.

Or i could but the 880 save money, put my entire setup in my new car dyno, alt big 3 .. then next year when everything s done ... drop the 2000 on the year newer navi ..

I have most of it except the dampning and components..

HA. Check this out, I took it to CC, and the installer, pulled the radio. Well, my installed left live wires just danging behind the h/u... !!! You believe that ****? Not only were they "loose wires" but they had been stripped!!! they were just grounding out all over the place! I am going to have a serious talk with these guys tomorrow!

I can't speak on the 7000 but the AVN's I've seen and owned **** ass compared to the single din units. No sound adjustments that are worth a darn. Video and Nav has always been first with those units and SQ was second.....Even Eclipse admitted this to me when I had my AVN5495. The AVN series units are designed for people wanting to upgrade their OEM more so then those looking for a kick butt sound system..
Eclipse told me, "if you are looking for SQ then the AVN's wouldn't be a choice for you". "Look into our single din headunits or the AV8533".
I agree. Eclipse said that the avn are not as good sounding as the single din units. Infact the cd 7000 does not sound as good as the 5000, according to them. I believe it. They put the money in the screen and nav.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.