Eclipse 8445 sub output

kingsxman
10+ year member

Noob in training
Couple of questions:

1. Is there any way to completely turn the sub off on this deck? I havent found it yet.

2. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not...but there doesnt seem to be alot of adjustment on the sub output level (non-fader output). I can go between -6 and +6 and it sometimes doesnt seem to be a huge difference. I've found that there are songs that simply have too much bass and I havent had enough room to lower the level. I've only had to bring it up to +6 on a few older CD's to get the bass up to where it sounds good.

Are most of you running the "truBass" or not? I found that while it makes the bass sound a bit better....it thins out the whole front stage so much that its not worth it to run it.

1. No, you cannot turn off the sub out

2. If the non-fader output can not be turned down enough for you, might I suggest attenuating the lowest band on the PEQ? I have the same problem, and that's what I did.

No truBass junk for me

THanks Mega. I'll try bringing down the lowest PEQ virtual "slider". I am finding that what I might have to do is to bring my gains down farther than I might like.

THis is really a great deck with some great TA functions...but it surprisginly is lacking some really basic features like the ability to turn the sub off completely and a freakin' "pause" button for cd/mp3.

PJM, that unit looks like it might be a good idea. It'd be a pain to mount however with RCA's. Something to consider however....

Just such a basic thing that every deck should have.

That and a pause button for the cd/mp3!!!!

i agree fully here ... what a dumb thing not to include two of the most basic functions of some sub 300$$ decks on a deck like the cd8455...

The sub can be muted.

Use one of your profiles and set the gain to negative infinity on the time alignment.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

Here's another option.....

I don't have the cd8445..but if u have enough cash..and a Double Din dash..then buy a add on Pioneer DEQ-7600 15-Band Graphic Equalizer ($199-$299)..Its a DSP processor..with also a sub output..in which u can turn if off and on from it. Just hook the sub preout from the deck to the DSP..then the DSP to the amp.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=412940/

I also got one add to my dash..although my deck doesnt need it..but i hate that empty slot under my deck..so i just add for looks. here take a look..

graphiceq.jpg

Unfortunitly, lowering the lowest band on the EQ (63 Hz) wont work. The sub out has NO EQing option. Just the front and rear outputs only. I wish Eclipse would have done w/the 8445/8455 what they did w/the 7000 and that's give the sub out at least 1 band of EQing.

i got the cd 5000 and nothing effects the sub except the non fading output control,and u can reverse phase if u want on the sub,the crossover and eq are useless on this deck for subs,im really dissapointed in this deck,and yea no pause,that sux.but it looks good,and has 8 volt outputs

I thought I was the only one with those complaints!!

No pause and no sub off!!!

I'm not alone!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.