eBay Issue.

Rookie_80
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Houston,tx
Sorry for the long question. Thought might interesting and useful.

Well i bought the sub from ebay seller weeks ago.

Add was reading 12 Eclipse Titanium but there was no picture posted. I relied on the sellers positivie feedback count and purchased the sub. When it arrived it turned out to be SW8122DVC ionstead of Titanium one.

I contacted the seller he tried giving me back $60 of $149 and asked me to forget about all of this and swears he thought it was Titanium.

And i just asked for his shipping address so i can return the product and get the full refun.

Well today i got an email from eBay, saying his account is frozen and that i should not deal with him anymore and if i paid for smthing he was selling with paypla i should file a claim.

Now what should i do? File a claim right away or wait for his reply?

I'm just curious - if he gives me his shipping adress and if i ship the sub to him--what are the chances that he won't just take the sub and still not return the money?

Thanks for your input.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif the 88 series was also Titanium! You should know more before you buy!

Well first of all i think i mentioned it was SW8122 not 88120DVC. and even88120DVC can be both alums and Tis.

And in addition to that i posted a thread here with pics of that sub:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283350&highlight=identify

and most if not all disagree with you on that one.

I don know much and thats why i posted a thread - most of the guys out here say it is in fact Aluminium.

Again i don't know too much--all i know brand new SW8122DVC is 149 online and SW9122 is $350 and i doubt they have the same functionality.

Now I see the pics, you're right I thought you said it was an 88120, now I see you put 8122, my bad. I'd file a claim no doubt, you'll have to send him back the sub when PayPal makes a decision though. I just sold an sw9122 about a month ago on eBay.

Now I see the pics' date=' you're right I thought you said it was an 88120, now I see you put 8122, my bad. I'd file a claim no doubt, you'll have to send him back the sub when PayPal makes a decision though. I just sold an sw9122 about a month ago on eBay.[/quote']
just curious: How much u sold it for?

Thanks for the inous--seems like you guys all agreed that i should go ahead and file a claim.

any idea how long it takes to get your money back after filing a claim?

Don't listen to this idiot! You NEVER EVER cancel a dispute' date=' not matter what. If you cancel you cannot reopen and you will be screwed.[/quote']
why would you ever reopen the dispute if you got your money back? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

With a frozen account, I'd not ship the sub back. I'd demand a refund, make sure the money is in your hands, then return it if needed.

Time wise it can take anywhere from 1 week to a few months to get your money back.

If the guys account is frozen and there is no money in it, and no credit card linked to it, I think you'll be stuck with the sub.

Best of luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.