Ebay Ho alt civic ?

save up for one with a good warranty because high outputs seem to take a crap on you a lot faster than stock alts.
It's usually due to user error, but agreed here. The pulley is usually smaller so it will be rotating quicker than usual.

Don't expect any better than your stock with those. HO alts are not cheap period, if you want real world amps it takes real money
He is incorrect. I got mine off ebay for my accord 2002. Ran 2200 amp full tilt in park and never dropped under 12.8 volts. Alt cost $120.00

Hey guys , just want to know if someone have one of these ? right now my Oem alt is 70 amp .. so before trowing 1400rms into it im looking for a alt ... right now I have done :
0 gauge big 3

0 gauge front to back

what I see on ebay :

Honda CIVIC Alternator 1996 1997 1998 1999 High AMP Except SI Model High Output | eBay

and

1996 TO 1999 Honda CIVIC Alternator 1 6L Alternator 160AMPS High Output | eBay

they are pretty cheap .. just need to know if they are good ..thanks
Read my post. Pm me if you want or have questions

He is incorrect. I got mine off ebay for my accord 2002. Ran 2200 amp full tilt in park and never dropped under 12.8 volts. Alt cost $120.00
2200 isn't that much pull. A 160 could probably handle that, did you have any batteries? Every bench test the amp. As said on here before a lot of the time its a smaller pulley so if stock you have 130 amp put on a small pulley and maybe get a 160. Either way I'll spend some more money and not cheap out on one of the most important parts on your engine

2200 isn't that much pull. A 160 could probably handle that, did you have any batteries? Every bench test the amp. As said on here before a lot of the time its a smaller pulley so if stock you have 130 amp put on a small pulley and maybe get a 160. Either way I'll spend some more money and not cheap out on one of the most important parts on your engine
You need to know I will run 1800 rms MAX ... just want to be sure on my electrical system ... cause I don't think it will work on a 70 amp

You need to know I will run 1800 rms MAX ... just want to be sure on my electrical system ... cause I don't think it will work on a 70 amp
1500 is the general max on most vehicles but my truck didn't like my Rockford BD1000 at 1 ohm at all. Sometimes you gotta just experiment and see what works for you

Do not newb me over an alt nkr my audio choices. Ive owned **** that you never will and I never even powered it on. Buy what you like but I answered this kids questions honestly without nut hugging. And if I recall my factory alt was 100amps so smaller pully didnt give me an aditional 60 amps. Are you a mechanic or just pulling numbers out of your ***? And sorry for mistKes my phone is big as hell

And yes ran multiple batts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

1500 is the general max on most vehicles but my truck didn't like my Rockford BD1000 at 1 ohm at all. Sometimes you gotta just experiment and see what works for you
So 1500 watts is the max for most vehicles even though not all vehicles have the same size alt? Please spew more bs...

And yes ran multiple batts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif 

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

So 1500 watts is the max for most vehicles even though not all vehicles have the same size alt? Please spew more bs...
Your a ******* joke dude. Cool you owned **** I don't, I got **** you don't you think I care let me guess your also faster stronger bigger and just better than me huh? Check your ego and where did I say a small pulley will give 60 amps?. And yes 1000-1500 watts is the max for most cars. Did I call you a newb you ******* tard, and no numbers are not just BS just **** I learned over the years

Your a ******* joke dude. Cool you owned **** I don't, I got **** you don't you think I care let me guess your also faster stronger bigger and just better than me huh? Check your ego and where did I say a small pulley will give 60 amps?. And yes 1000-1500 watts is the max for most cars. Did I call you a newb you ******* tard, and no numbers are not just BS just **** I learned over the years

Lol you didnt call me a newb because I didnt join this crap hole this year like you did.

So his 70 amp factory alt is good for 1500 watts? That what you're saying newb? Please explain it to me without wide range forum data. Explain it to me directly from the info he has provided.

You also said my ebay alt did 16o because of a small pully when you never saw the t or know the namebrand. I am telling your newb *** that you dont get 60amps more just from a smaller pully so you are yet wrong again. Now that vomment tells you between the line that my factory alt wasnt 130 amps. This kid will be fine with an ebay alt regardless of how it puts out power. He is not planning to run much power at all. Answer the persons questions without nut hugging everywhere. Yes OP you will be fine. Two different members have stated they had zero issues with their ebay alts. You only have this single guy fighting to say its wont help. Dont write me back up here you can inbox me any audio auestions you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.