ebay buyer ripping me off: need advice bad

Polski13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
I sold a radio and cd changer to a guy on ebey dec. 1 and he files a claim against me here's what he said:

I received the items yesterday and when I inspected them and had them checked professionally, I noticed the CD changer is broken in one of the top corners, as well as missing the clear cover plate at the sliding door, item is not as described in your E bay add. The radio looks ok at first but on closer inspection and testing, I find out that the screen does not work at all! is just blank, not to mention that the wiring harness is pretty messed up, and the radio cover plate is missing some of the tabs and is broken as well. I know you mentioned to me that this plate was missing some of the tabs well after we concluded the transaction. I acted in good faith and I paid top dollar for a defective product,and you know they are defective.I have pictures of both items as they arrived and I can make them available to you. I have issues with both items, you sold me thrash, and I want a full refund including shipping. I would like to take care of this issue at our level as soon as possible or I will have to escalate all the way to E bay customer service as well as Pay pal.

But i sent this guy a 100% working radio and a like new cd changer that wasnt broken and i also shipped the screen for the sliding door. He claims that i knew all this stuff was like this, but the guy that bought the stuff did this. the professionals hooked up his radio wrong and now im beinh blamed for it. I want to escalate the issue but i heard its very hard to win on ebay bc customer is always right. Does anyone have any input on what i can do and how i could win? And of u had issues on ebay before what did you do. Any input would b great. I really need help bc this guy is ripping me off.

do you have any proof or pictures of the item before you sent it out?.... Normally what I do before I give anyone anything I take pictures thouroughly with a date card right next to it as proof...

do you have any proof or pictures of the item before you sent it out?.... Normally what I do before I give anyone anything I take pictures thouroughly with a date card right next to it as proof...
I have pictures of all the items and accessories. I even have video of the radio and cycling through all the functions. But they arent dated. There on my phone and i think they are fron nov.20 and i shipped radio dec. 1 or somethin. I dont have pics of the stuff in the packaging box tho

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

ur fucked
Thats what im thinkin. But i have proof that could help but idk if it would make me win

This is the exact reason why I always include the clause: "This item was last tested in working condition. Due to the nature of this item and possibility of improper installation there is no guarantee implied or expressed. Item will be sold as-is in the condition described."

This is the exact reason why I always include the clause: "This item was last tested in working condition. Due to the nature of this item and possibility of improper installation there is no guarantee implied or expressed. Item will be sold as-is in the condition described."
Ill remember that next time. Thats very helpful

doesn't mater if they are dated or not, include those pictures make sure that they get placed in the claim, request to see his pics, did you send it insured? you better hope you did, ebay is going to side with the buyer file a insurance claim stating damaged in shipping, do not refund him eventually ebay will but get a insurance claim going first with whoever mailed it, attach your pics and his statement to ebay, I've won every claim ever and run a ebay store, if you have more questions pm me....

Ask for proof of the "professional inspection". It's the only thing you can do at this point, and if he doesn't provide that, call PayPal and personally talk to them, I've found them to actually side with me on issues like this before. Because if he doesn't provide that proof then that means he lied. It's worked for me before. If that fails then arrange THROUGH PAYPAL that he must first send back BOTH of "the defective products" before you will issue a refund. PayPal has to oblige by this, and if he fails to do so you win, if he sends you a brick, you win. Ask for him to supply any and all proof.

doesn't mater if they are dated or not, include those pictures make sure that they get placed in the claim, request to see his pics, did you send it insured? you better hope you did, ebay is going to side with the buyer file a insurance claim stating damaged in shipping, do not refund him eventually ebay will but get a insurance claim going first with whoever mailed it, attach your pics and his statement to ebay, I've won every claim ever and run a ebay store, if you have more questions pm me....
Thanks man i appreciate. Unfortunately tho i only have it insured for 100 and guy paid 401.

Ask for proof of the "professional inspection". It's the only thing you can do at this point, and if he doesn't provide that, call PayPal and personally talk to them, I've found them to actually side with me on issues like this before. Because if he doesn't provide that proof then that means he lied. It's worked for me before. If that fails then arrange THROUGH PAYPAL that he must first send back BOTH of "the defective products" before you will issue a refund. PayPal has to oblige by this, and if he fails to do so you win, if he sends you a brick, you win. Ask for him to supply any and all proof.
Ok thats good advice. Now ur saying actually contact paypal instead of contacting ebay?

But what if ge does have proof of inspection then i may be screwed again

OP, it does not matter if you put no-returns, etc. in the listing EBAY ALWAYS SIDES WITH THE BUYER!!!! Go look at ebay forums and you will see what I am talking about. There has been scary instances where they even let buyers get their money and keep the sellers items... Even when you do sell, the fees are just crazy.

You're better off supporting the forums like this one, caco, etc. (although it might take longer to sell)...

Do you have pictures or videos of the serial numbers? If so ask for a picture of the broken pieces and the serial number in the same picture to prove its the piece you shipped.

OP, it does not matter if you put no-returns, etc. in the listing EBAY ALWAYS SIDES WITH THE BUYER!!!! Go look at ebay forums and you will see what I am talking about. There has been scary instances where they even let buyers get their money and keep the sellers items... Even when you do sell, the fees are just crazy.
You're better off supporting the forums like this one, caco, etc. (although it might take longer to sell)...
This ^^^^^^

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.