Easy cost efficient trunk seal off

I've never done a trunk wall but if I was to do such a thing I would use a resin reinforced double thick panel sized as big as possible to fill the void then I'd use the new Loctite spray foam that is more dense and less porous. Trim down the excess and tape the seams with the thick aluminum foil tape. Now back to that panel, cut a hole big enough for your box to fit through and the box itself would have a 1-1/2 inch flange all the way around from an oversized baffle. This would secure to the trunk wall panel via bolts and t nuts and seal with closed cell foam weatherstripping.
That gives you a permanent wall with the ability to remove the box.

And welcome back btw.
See now this is interesting look at it. I like the idea of the wall but being able to remove box if need be. Most trunk walls i see require the whole trunk wall being dismantled to do anything

I’m following this one. I plan on sealing my trunk this spring with a single 15 to.
dude this is probably all u need.. he lives in town i heard it with the 1 15,, back doors looked like they were gonna blow off.. he won like 22 comps and won a championship belt at end of season (no joke, it's on the thread) he beat everyone with just 1 15 and then 2 12's now he has suv with 4 subs.. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/630224-2003-civic-sedan-looking-150-a.html

See now this is interesting look at it. I like the idea of the wall but being able to remove box if need be. Most trunk walls i see require the whole trunk wall being dismantled to do anything
I've never liked the idea of a permanent wall. The other option is to make a 2x4 frame, seal around it and attach the wall panel to the frame with or without the removable box previously mentioned.

I've never liked the idea of a permanent wall. The other option is to make a 2x4 frame, seal around it and attach the wall panel to the frame with or without the removable box previously mentioned.
It seems like making a wood panel would be easier between the 2 options

unfortunately i cant view this link because im at at work, however if you can tell me the youtube video title then i can work around our Barracuda filter lol
The video I was gonna link is called 2009 Honda Civic installation from Sonic Electronics. In the video they make a panel sealing off the build with magnets so it’s easy to remove An looks clean with no spray foam etc

The video I was gonna link is called 2009 Honda Civic installation from Sonic Electronics. In the video they make a panel sealing off the build with magnets so it’s easy to remove An looks clean with no spray foam etc
whats the title lol

Make a box that’s almost as big as the trunk opening into the cabin. Use deadener to seal the seal to the car and then deaden then rear deck to make it sealed off. Cost like $60 bucks in deadener

Spray foam.
While i know this is the easy. again trying to find a cleaner option lol... i mean i technically could use Saran wrap around the box and area that i would spray the foam lol. maybe tape the wrap to material and then spray it. That way it doesnt mess up the material idk

While i know this is the easy. again trying to find a cleaner option lol... i mean i technically could use Saran wrap around the box and area that i would spray the foam lol. maybe tape the wrap to material and then spray it. That way it doesnt mess up the material idk
Yea people use plastic or tape and the foam seals but not to the car... I still think deadnener is cheap and clean and seals off air tight. My buddy does 152db on two zv4 12s in a trunk wall sealed off with deadener

Yea people use plastic or tape and the foam seals but not to the car... I still think deadnener is cheap and clean and seals off air tight. My buddy does 152db on two zv4 12s in a trunk wall sealed off with deadener
Right i know deadning works i was just referencing use plastic if i decided to go with foam to seal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date