Easy cost efficient trunk seal off

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky
Man its been a while since posted on here lol... I have been lurking and reading but not posting.... But anyway, so im going to be purchasing a 2006 Dodge Stratus in near future from a friend(please dont bash the vehicle not looking for opinions on them). I will more then likely be be going from my 2 SA's 12s back to a single 15" not sure yet.... but anyway im looking for ideas that are cost efficient and easy as far as sealing off a trunk(Subs and port forward). This will be a daily driver basically but i will of course meter it because im always curious and i do like to hit the occasional show as well and like to demo. Not asking tuning questions or nothing like that.....JUST ideas on cheap easy options for sealing off.

Thanks in advance guys

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky
I’m following this one. I plan on sealing my trunk this spring with a single 15 to.
Seems pretty dead in here... i'm use to all the try hard trolls coming in and talking before someone helpful actually chimes in.

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
Neodymium magnets would work it’s what I’m gonna use in mine.
I believe he's referring to neo magnet use to attach trim panels... are you looking for an easier, cheaper way?

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky
I believe he's referring to neo magnet use to attach trim panels... are you looking for an easier, cheaper way?

Cheaper easier... i mean i can always just go in there and great stuff everything i guess but im was trying to find a "cleaner" alternative lol

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky

unfortunately i cant view this link because im at at work, however if you can tell me the youtube video title then i can work around our Barracuda filter lol

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
I've never done a trunk wall but if I was to do such a thing I would use a resin reinforced double thick panel sized as big as possible to fill the void then I'd use the new Loctite spray foam that is more dense and less porous. Trim down the excess and tape the seams with the thick aluminum foil tape. Now back to that panel, cut a hole big enough for your box to fit through and the box itself would have a 1-1/2 inch flange all the way around from an oversized baffle. This would secure to the trunk wall panel via bolts and t nuts and seal with closed cell foam weatherstripping.

That gives you a permanent wall with the ability to remove the box.

And welcome back btw.

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky
I've never done a trunk wall but if I was to do such a thing I would use a resin reinforced double thick panel sized as big as possible to fill the void then I'd use the new Loctite spray foam that is more dense and less porous. Trim down the excess and tape the seams with the thick aluminum foil tape. Now back to that panel, cut a hole big enough for your box to fit through and the box itself would have a 1-1/2 inch flange all the way around from an oversized baffle. This would secure to the trunk wall panel via bolts and t nuts and seal with closed cell foam weatherstripping.
That gives you a permanent wall with the ability to remove the box.

And welcome back btw.
See now this is interesting look at it. I like the idea of the wall but being able to remove box if need be. Most trunk walls i see require the whole trunk wall being dismantled to do anything

BOOMINGRANDPA

CHEAP A/F
Jan 8, 2017
NC
I’m following this one. I plan on sealing my trunk this spring with a single 15 to.
dude this is probably all u need.. he lives in town i heard it with the 1 15,, back doors looked like they were gonna blow off.. he won like 22 comps and won a championship belt at end of season (no joke, it's on the thread) he beat everyone with just 1 15 and then 2 12's now he has suv with 4 subs.. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/630224-2003-civic-sedan-looking-150-a.html

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
See now this is interesting look at it. I like the idea of the wall but being able to remove box if need be. Most trunk walls i see require the whole trunk wall being dismantled to do anything
I've never liked the idea of a permanent wall. The other option is to make a 2x4 frame, seal around it and attach the wall panel to the frame with or without the removable box previously mentioned.