Easy cost efficient trunk seal off

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Man its been a while since posted on here lol... I have been lurking and reading but not posting.... But anyway, so im going to be purchasing a 2006 Dodge Stratus in near future from a friend(please dont bash the vehicle not looking for opinions on them). I will more then likely be be going from my 2 SA's 12s back to a single 15" not sure yet.... but anyway im looking for ideas that are cost efficient and easy as far as sealing off a trunk(Subs and port forward). This will be a daily driver basically but i will of course meter it because im always curious and i do like to hit the occasional show as well and like to demo. Not asking tuning questions or nothing like that.....JUST ideas on cheap easy options for sealing off.

Thanks in advance guys

I’m following this one. I plan on sealing my trunk this spring with a single 15 to.
Seems pretty dead in here... i'm use to all the try hard trolls coming in and talking before someone helpful actually chimes in.

I believe he's referring to neo magnet use to attach trim panels... are you looking for an easier, cheaper way?

Cheaper easier... i mean i can always just go in there and great stuff everything i guess but im was trying to find a "cleaner" alternative lol

I believe he's referring to neo magnet use to attach trim panels... are you looking for an easier, cheaper way?

unfortunately i cant view this link because im at at work, however if you can tell me the youtube video title then i can work around our Barracuda filter lol

I've never done a trunk wall but if I was to do such a thing I would use a resin reinforced double thick panel sized as big as possible to fill the void then I'd use the new Loctite spray foam that is more dense and less porous. Trim down the excess and tape the seams with the thick aluminum foil tape. Now back to that panel, cut a hole big enough for your box to fit through and the box itself would have a 1-1/2 inch flange all the way around from an oversized baffle. This would secure to the trunk wall panel via bolts and t nuts and seal with closed cell foam weatherstripping.

That gives you a permanent wall with the ability to remove the box.

And welcome back btw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date