easiest way to install speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigkat

hey so i have a 2010 toyota corolla and i am upgrading my front speakers and tweeters. i really dont like the look of aftermarket.... anything so i am keeping my stock headunit. i already bought the 6's, the tweeters, and a alpine power pack. is this gonna be as easy L+ to L speaker+ and R+ to Right speaker+ or with it being a stock headunit is it gonna more difficult? im also running some crossovers as well. what will i need and what will i need to know? any help is appreciated.

the headunit will let down the system unless it's changed. i'd first try amp the standard speakers and see how that sounds. then change your speakers and see how or if it's any better, then change the headunit (this will give you the biggest improvement in sound quality)

the headunit will let down the system unless it's changed. i'd first try amp the standard speakers and see how that sounds. then change your speakers and see how or if it's any better, then change the headunit (this will give you the biggest improvement in sound quality)
Yep totally agree.

Well... in a word yes, it will be as easy as connecting positive to positive and negative to negative.

However, factories don't label their wiring and they don't follow aftermarket color coding standards so finding which wires to connect to will be more difficult.

Changing speakers is easy though, because virtually all speakers are terminated in the same way, which is positive on the left and negative on the right when looking at the back of the motor. So even if the terminals aren't marked, you'll know which is positive and which is negative. And if you install the speakers first you can note the wire colors so that when you go into the harness behind the radio you'll know which wires are for which speaker outputs.

As for the crossovers, you'll need to find a place to mount them and then from there you will need a pair of wires for the mid and a pair for the tweet. It isn't a good idea to mount them inside the doors though, as that isn't a friendly environment for electronic components that aren't sealed.

If you care for looks, get a double din, they actually look pretty sick in corollas or if you save up some more around 250 you can get a touchscreen one and look fancy. The head unit will make or break your sound system to be honest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigkat

bigkat
salt lake city, ut
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef