Dyno Matt Substitute?

Originally posted by Matador i got dynamite trunk kit from ebay for $56, n i m pretty sure they still have mroe
Dynamite or Dynamat?

How does the stuff you have now work? Any rattles? Did you have to double it up in some places where it would still rattle? How thick is the product?

- Steve

dynamat, sorry.

well, i got the dynamat trunk kit, which comes w like 3 18''x32'' sheets of original dynamat, n 2 18''x32'' sheets of extreme dynamat. i am not sure how thick they are, but i checked the website n it says that dynamat extreme is "4 mil thick aluminum layer".

to tell you the truth, it wasn't enough for my trunk (i got a honda accorD). but for the most it worked well. i used the extreme on the sides of the trunk n the trunk lid cuz those would be the places that would rattle more, or that's what i thought at that tiem. and i use the original dynamat in the trunk floor. it diminished the rattle by a lot, but it still rattles when i bump my music loud. so i need to put a semi second layer, just prob 2 more sheets of teh extreme to retouch it i guess. i would like to double up the side for better performance i guess.

so i am thinking of just getting the second skin to put on the places i need. i even have pics of putting it. if you anyone wants, i can post them (i just need to find a scanner to borrow) so people can see how to do it and stuff.

That would be cool - once I get my digital camera I am going to do a tutorial of how to install it...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, the Second Skin stuff works....$50 for 50 sq.ft isnt a bad price either...especially when it works:)

- Steve

40sq. ft. roll of eDead v.2 - $60.00

60sq. ft. roll of eDead v.2 - $70.00

So $50 for 50sq.ft of Second Skin is in the middle.

I have yet to do a comparison between Second Skin and eDead...I did do one between Second Skin and Dynamat in my review.

I mean, sound damping material is sound damping material. Either it works, or doesnt work. I'm almost positive that eDead works(Ben wouldnt make something that doesnt)...and Second Skin also works. Its your decision.

- Steve:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.