Dynamat or Second Skin Audio

BryBrySmash
10+ year member

Ahead of the Curve
I have a 1977 Ford Bonco and I used Dynamat Xtreme for the entire truck. I just bought a 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee and am stripping it down as well. I have just received my sample kit from second skin audio and can't decide what to use. Should I go with The Dynamat Xtreme, or the "Damplifier" or "STFU 80" from Second Skin Audio. The STFU 80 is **** expensive 40 SQ. FT. for $269. Can anybody lead me in the right direction. I am leaning towards using the Dynamat again, so if anyone can give me a good reason not to, id like to hear it. Thanks

Forum members get a 40% discount and free shipping on Second Skin products. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Go with the second skin.

Forum members get a 40% discount and free shipping on Second Skin products. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Go with the second skin.
besides price, what makes second skin better?

All I can say man is "if it ain't broke don't fix it" If dynamat extreme worked for your other vehicle then go with it for this one too. Just my opinion but it seems like the way to go.

adam

STFU 80 is thick industrial strength stuff, and besides a great product and price, you won't get to talk with the owner of Dynamat if you have a problem, now will you? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Basically all of the SD products are the same, whether it's SS or Dynamat. I would go with SS, and if you wait a bit he will have some 60 mil stuff coming out that will surely please...

Take it easy

Mass loader is a mass loader. If it sticks adequately and doesn't stink, go with whatever is cheaper. In this case, SS is cheaper and as effective. Just get some 60mil stuff and it will suit you fine. The best I've personally used is Brown Bread, but I haven't played around with SS products as of yet.

Is that discount still valid!?
LMAO. no, as i was told by ant about 2 weeks ago, forum discounts were available until recently, but due to the fact that their costs have gone up a couple of times over the past year but the price of the product has not, they no longer offer it. either way, they were great to deal with and i highly suggest them to anyone!

Is that discount still valid!?
Sort of...

Look at the prices he quoted.

40 sq feet of Damplifier Pro for $269.

40% off of that brings the cost down to $161

We used to offer the 40% discount to forum members, but about 3 years ago we lowered the price of all of our products include the discount automatically.

So now, a bulk pack of Damplifier Pro (36.5 sq feet) is $159.98

Also consider that Damplifier Pro now has 15% more adhesive than it used to, and 50% thicker foil, the regular price on our site is a better deal than the 40% discount ever was.

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.