Dynamat lost its adhesive properties..

rbtrucking
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I had dynamat installed in my car a little over a year ago and during the hot summer the car sitting in the sun the dynamat in the trunk fell off but the dynamat itself is still good, just the adhesive is no longer good. Is there anything I can buy that I can use to make it stick again?

That stuff is expensive, and id like an alternative instead of having to go out and buy a whole new roll especially if the adhesive is just going to wear off again.

Look for the 3m super 77 i think it's called. one of the stronger spray glues out there.

For the strongest adhesion with any spray glue you usually spray both parts that are being glued together and then wait about 20 seconds for them to dry very slightly then push together.

A surely never had this problem with Dynamat (or any other cheaper dampener) ever before. Did they not press or ro it on well enough?

I can't imagine this stuff EVER coming off. I've been using it for 15 years and NEVER had a problem and I live in the south east where it gets hotter that fack.

Actually, it would seem the hotter it gets the better it should stick. Anyway, think you got some bobo dynamat bud. I just can't get that it would ever just "fall off"

my dynomat did the same, so did my dads... if it ain't the extreme i don't touch it now... i flex sealed mine that held for longer than the dynomat did itsself... but eventually same result it fell back off...

Never had a problem when I used their products. Sounds like "installer" error to me. You do realize that the area has to be clean of dust and debris.....right?

Never had a problem when I used their products. Sounds like "installer" error to me. You do realize that the area has to be clean of dust and debris.....right?
yup, cleaned very good, firmly put on with roller, i'm talkin this happened yrs ago... used some extreme not too long ago that was awesome...

I had dynamat installed in my car a little over a year ago and during the hot summer the car sitting in the sun the dynamat in the trunk fell off but the dynamat itself is still good, just the adhesive is no longer good. Is there anything I can buy that I can use to make it stick again?
That stuff is expensive, and id like an alternative instead of having to go out and buy a whole new roll especially if the adhesive is just going to wear off again.
dynamat has never been know to be very sticky, all these are great ideas, you can also google it and read all the tricks as this has been happening with dynamat for years.... theres a bunch of threads

I use 3M 77 spray glue. You can buy it at Walmart in small cans or from Parts Express part # 440-225. Be sure to use a roller when installing the Dynamat. It is also to leave it in the sun for an hour or two. But be sure to wear gloves because the sheet will be warm to the touch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.