Dynamat, Fatman & Peal N Seal... Which

63novawagon
10+ year member

CA
i'm going to have a loud car system and some loud Flowmaster mufflers . I know that i wont really hear my music if i have both things cancel each other out. I want to put some sound deadner in my car but i ve seen so many products out there whicha re better for the floor board?

Dynamat?

FatMan Bread?

Peal N Seal (use for roofing)- i used it and love it

what are your thoughs and opinion thanks

i would go 20-25% of however much you need in dynamat extreme. as compaired to edead v1 (their cheap stuff) a single layer is about equal to 2-3 layers of the e dead, as compared to cascade vinyls in trouble spots (like outer door skins roofs ..things that will visibly shake) it works better in about a 2:1 ratio but i like the vinyls in other places as its light really doesnt stink and reflects sound really well. HAVE NOT tried second skin, fat mat or hushmat so i really cant say. peal and seal can work in trim areas if it sticks lol but noway would i do a whole car in it. id use it as a cheaper alteritive to the vinyls. spongey foam works great on rattles where "tapping" is heard so dont forget to get a 2'x2' 1/2"-1/4" peice of it as its cheap and easy to work with.

dynamat get the dynaplate little pricy but well worth it we put it in my friends chevelle with a vette motor and flowmasters and it reduced the noise alot.

yeah i was looking into:

Fatmat: 45 mil thick, 100sq ft for $100

Ultimate ( B- Quiet) 60mil thick,100 sq ft for $199

Black Mat Premium 70 mils thick, 100sq ft for $185

let me know what you guys think is better? thanks

Keep in mind those deadeners are mainly to stop rattles, and not to block noise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Keep in mind those deadeners are mainly to stop rattles, and not to block noise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
very true...but if i had to choose a deadener it would be edead v1se for mat, secondskin for liquid, or both. for road noise, well i am still trying to figure out whats best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.