Dvd headunit for my Z

Participant count
  • Participant list

Un4GivNSoul
10+ year member

Alright guys need your opinions again.... Im got a 350z and im thinking about doin a dvd player in dash to set off the car a little on the inside. Already have 2 jl 10w6v2's and and 1000/1 amp on the way for it and was wondering about a dvd install.

First off moneys not the greatest of issues i can just save for anything. I want something that has a lot of options for tuning and equalizers and more importantly not giving up much sound quality to like a alpne 9887.

I dont have a components or an internal amp for my speakers so a processor is kinda out of the question that will add a ton to the price. But even with that my options are still open if thats the only option.

And would rather it be double din to look better in the car.

I also use an Ipod for music...

I did an install on a 350 with a DDX6019 that looked really good. I used a standard metra trim kit, and it dropped in without a hiccup. I wired in one of the ipod adapters, and drilled a hole in the upper console to sit the ipod in there.

I dont have a components or an internal amp for my speakers so a processor is kinda out of the question that will add a ton to the price.
I am confused by this.

You don't have components or an internal amp? Why would the internal amp matter if you're buying a new h/u?

Surely I'm just misunderstanding you.

See if you can find an alpine w200 used. These things usually go for about $500 or less. You can add the h701 processor later if you want to. Matter of fact, you might want to look at this f/s thread. Probably could get the combo for $1000 shipped if you tried (or wanted to try).

You might want to give a budget. Otherwise it's gonna be a mindgame.

Yeah now that i read that it didnt make much sense.... What i meant to say is that the Z comes with stock components up front and coaxials in the rear. And i wasnt planning on getting an amp to power them, im gonna use the headunit for now unless the bass totally overpowers the stock speakers.

If im right that processor is only gonna to be much help if im gonna use an amp to power the internal speakers. And I would LOVE that setup from the sounds of the capabilities of it.... I dont think i wanna drop 400 on a new amp and about the same on the speakers. Not yet atleast. I dont have the subs installed yet so i dont really know how over powering its gonna be yet.

Yeah moneys not really a problem for the fact that i can save if i want... Prolly no more then 1K if possible if its a little over but worth the money id go for it.

Those subs in that little car are going to be LOUD. Trust me, you won't be running stock speakers off the HU for long if you want to hear your music. W6s are known for their SQ. Your bass is going to sound awesome, but you will barely hear any music. Save up and do everything the right way. Get a 300/2 or 300/4 and some comps. Get this HU (can probably find it used) since you don't seem like you will be needing any external processing like an Alpine 701 (and if you do you can get another company like Audiocontrol or Zapco): Pioneer AVIC-D3. It even has buttons that can change color to match your interior. My buddy had this in his 350Z and the amber matched perfectly. He sold the car though...

Saw your budget. You can buy new for $700 or even cheaper on ebay, or find a used one for 400-600. Find a nice used 300/2 or 300/4 and then get some Hertz comps from 6spdcoupe or CDTs from Exige and you will be all set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.