Dvc

If you can afford the Alpine, it would be your smartest move. They are very efficient and have far better specs than anything you will find in .5 ohm for less.
define efficient...... 250amps of current draw not really efficient the sundown 2500d draws that much and puts out 500w more. no lie the alpine i a solid amp but the stupid 2ohm is more efficient than .5 is irrelevant if the .5 amp was designed to run .5ohm

No mono amp that does a good amount of power is rally all that efficient. Electrical upgrades should/will be needed to run more then 500-1000 watts depending on the application. If you don't and it works..good for you, you are what is call "lucky".

define efficient...... 250amps of current draw not really efficient the sundown 2500d draws that much and puts out 500w more. no lie the alpine i a solid amp but the stupid 2ohm is more efficient than .5 is irrelevant if the .5 amp was designed to run .5ohm
in rudimentary form:

2500watts @2ohms on 14.4v at 80% efficiency:

2500/80%= 3125 watts required to produce 2500 watts

3125/14.4v= 217 amps required to produce 2500 watts

2500 watts @.5ohm on 14.4v at 70% efficiency:(70% is conservative)

2500/70%= 3571 watts required to produce 2500 watts

3571/14.4v= 248 amps required to produce 2500 watts

31 amps difference in efficiency. And the order of a magnitude difference in THD between the nendo 2000 at .5 and the Alpine 2400 at 2ohms. I do not consider an amp to be .5 ohm stable unless the manufacturer advertises and warrants that use. There are many that will do it but not stated in their specs to do so. The ability to produce more power at .5 is a solid indication that the amp will have adequate headroom and built like a tank at the spec'ed 1ohm.

As far as the SAZ2500, aside from the fact it is $300 more than the Alpine in question, is a remarkable amp in that it is virtually bulletproof at 1ohm.....and at .5ohm in most cases.....if op could afford the SAZ 2500, by all means, it would be the better amp at lower impedance loads. But, as far as actual specs and ability, the Alpine is a very remarkable amp in it's own right for the $.

WTF is a nendo? No such thing.....people really need to at least come up with shortened names that work with the products name/model... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

WTF is a nendo? No such thing.....people really need to at least come up with shortened names that work with the products name/model... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
lol....I hate that too, but it seems to be a common term and to communicate with others in their language.....well, you see where this is going. Bass Clef is kinda awkward too for me....heck, I just don't like Crescendo period and I really cannot explain why.

lol

Thanks for everyone's input , but think im going to stick with my first choice the mrx-m240 and get 2 matching batterys. 1 under the hood and 1 next to the amp. Big 3 has already been done. There is to much more upgrades to do to run .5 ohm

There are required upgrades to run 2k no matter what load you are at.

You will need an alt, the batteries will only be a "band-aid" for the actual problem. While many here will claim batteries are the best ever, they fail to understand how electronics actually work and that all they are doing is masking the real issue by covering it up. Remember that using batteries and not upgrading your alt will allow the batteries to fail over time.

Protecting your investment should always be the number one priority when looking at electronics.

BTW- I do like that Alpine amp. Not really at any prices I have seen it for, but other then the price it is a decent amplifier.

I kind figure but wasnt sure. How many amps should alt be. I don't have no power options. No power windows , locks , cc , just bare model
Well the right way to go about it would be to find out the current alt size you have, then increase it by about 70amps per 1000rms of rated power. That can get costly of course, but that is pretty much the best way to go about it.

You may luck out and find a used HO alt on here that will work, but personally I don't like to buy HO alts used do to the nature of how they are build and used. It's like buying a car with a good bit of money under the hood. The odds that it was not ran hard is very very small lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.