Dual Subwoofer wiring with TWO speaker terminals...?

Vipervenom18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Earth
Hello,

I have TWO DVC subwoofers. They are dual 4 ohm vc subs, so I'm wiring the pair in parallel/parallel to get a 1 ohm load for my amp.

I know how to do this with one speaker terminal on the enclosure, but the person who made my enclosure put two speaker terminals on the enclosure as there will be two subs.

Considering my amp is a mono amp with just one set of speaker terminals, is it easier to wire this set up using both speaker terminals? If so, how?

Or should I just use one speaker terminal and leave the other one alone.

Connect the postives from one sub together and connect the negatives together and connect it to one terminal on the box. Now do this with the other sub with the other terminal. Now take those wires from both terminals and connect them together onto your amp. It's basically the same, but instead of connecting both subs together, you're connecting them each to a terminal, then the wires coming out of the terminal to the amp will be together.

It's really up to you, you can either use 1 terminal or both of them. Whichever is easier to stuff two sets of speaker wires into. If you use 1 terminal, you gotta stuff both sets of wires into it and then 1 set into the amp, but if you use both terminals, you'll have to stuff both sets into your amp's terminals.

IonRL205 has it exactly right. I would use both terminals also. You will be able to hook it up right now at 1ohm, and will have the option of wiring them for 4 ohm later if the need arises.

Connect the postives from one sub together and connect the negatives together and connect it to one terminal on the box. Now do this with the other sub with the other terminal. Now take those wires from both terminals and connect them together onto your amp. It's basically the same, but instead of connecting both subs together, you're connecting them each to a terminal, then the wires coming out of the terminal to the amp will be together.
It's really up to you, you can either use 1 terminal or both of them. Whichever is easier to stuff two sets of speaker wires into. If you use 1 terminal, you gotta stuff both sets of wires into it and then 1 set into the amp, but if you use both terminals, you'll have to stuff both sets into your amp's terminals.
Ok thanks that makes sense. I drew up a diagram via using both terminals. Does this look OK?

Also, could I use speaker wire like a Y-adapter, in the sense that, from the amp I connect both speaker wire ends to one terminal (lets say positive), and then splice each of two ends of said speaker wire to each positive on each speaker box terminals? I drew it up on the diagram like this. Let me know if what I said makes sense here...

Scan.jpg

No need to get fancy with the y's, just run 2 sets of wires and twist the ends together when you run them into the amp.
But thats what I mean. Speaker wires usually come in pairs, so I'll split one end of the pair to go into each negative or each positive speaker terminal, does that make more sense?

http://www.audiovideodimension.com/images/categories/wire.jpg

Like that photo. Use each end going into each negative terminal, and then using the other ends, twisting them together, into one negative terminal at the amp.

I found out I have dual speaker terminals on my mono amp. I wired each sub to its own speaker terminal on the enclosure.

If I connect each speaker terminals negative/positive to each of the 2 terminals on the mono amp, does the amp act as the link creating the other parallel connection creating the 1 ohm load (for dual 4ohm vc sub configuration?)

I found out I have dual speaker terminals on my mono amp. I wired each sub to its own speaker terminal on the enclosure.
If I connect each speaker terminals negative/positive to each of the 2 terminals on the mono amp, does the amp act as the link creating the other parallel connection creating the 1 ohm load (for dual 4ohm vc sub configuration?)
Yes.

Well, hooked it all up. No sound at all, and amp is getting power and not in protect of any kind. HU settings working in full. FML

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.