DUAL subwoofer setup. one sub makes a weird ticking sound?

i dont hear any other mechanical noise except the small ticking sound that sounds like its coming from the spider i think.

the other sub has almost no mechanical noise at all except for the quiet air sounds coming out the venting at maximum excursion

Well you'd never guess what i did to fix it!

I just took a sprits/spray bottle and filled it with just water. sprayed some all the way around on the spider so it was wet and damp. flexed the speaker a couple times and now its completely silent! Weirdest fix ever but interesting that it worked so well.

I made sure not to get any water on the coil or excess water dripping into the magnetic gap.

after i let it dry for a few minutes i played it and its clean sounding all the way to full excursion!

ticking noise can also be created by the terminal tensil leads at high excursion, try to push down the subwoofer cone with your fingers as far as it goes carefully and see if touches the tip of the tensil wire, if it does that's the issue, meaning the tensil lead is slightly too long, the cone smacks in to the wire creating the tick noise

2 years late there feller...

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.