Dual sub box only playing one sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

PNILLZ

My sub box only plays one sub when I connect them both the amp will go into protect mode. I checked all the connections they were fine, and my left sub plays fine. When I connect the right one by itself, it doesn't play is it blown? Is it time for a new setup? I've had this one for about 2.5 years

My sub box only plays one sub when I connect them both the amp will go into protect mode. I checked all the connections they were fine, and my left sub plays fine. When I connect the right one by itself, it doesn't play is it blown? Is it time for a new setup? I've had this one for about 2.5 years
If you know what Coil configuration your subs are, you can disconnect from the source/amp, and use a DMM to check the coils,to find out if its blown or not.Very easy to do.You can YOU TUBE it up, and watch a tutorial on how to do it,easier than explaining it to you

I would check the impedance on all of your voice coils to make sure you don't have one out. That would give you a whacky impedance and could cause the amp to go into protect. Otherwise you may just have a badly blown woofer that when connected is sending a dead short to ground to the amp which will absolutely freak it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.