Dual Stereo Integrity SQL 12

Participant count
  • Participant list
What’s the benefit of a 29hz tune compared to a 37hz?

29hz is really low I personally wouldn't tune that low unless you are trying to flex alot of metal.

But tuning that low and keeping levels moderate usually means you can play lower and cover more sub bass.

Honestly I'd tune to 34 or 36hz but I haven't modeled to subs nor do I know your cabins gain response you may have negative gain below 35hz in which lower tuning helps to make up for it.

But in general 32-38hz works for most cars and most speakers. Higher times will help midbass speakers some but I prefer not to go that route and rather have a really nice stout midbass install.

29hz is really low I personally wouldn't tune that low unless you are trying to flex alot of metal.

But tuning that low and keeping levels moderate usually means you can play lower and cover more sub bass.

Honestly I'd tune to 34 or 36hz but I haven't modeled to subs nor do I know your cabins gain response you may have negative gain below 35hz in which lower tuning helps to make up for it.

But in general 32-38hz works for most cars and most speakers. Higher times will help midbass speakers some but I prefer not to go that route and rather have a really nice stout midbass install.
I built a box for a SI sql 12 and it was tuned to 32 or 34 hz I believe, don’t remember. Contacted nick at stereo integrity and he basically told me my tune was too high. Said I should shoot for around 28hz and even lower. So, I added an additional baffle and purchased an American bass xfl since I had already built the box.

I built a box for a SI sql 12 and it was tuned to 32 or 34 hz I believe, don’t remember. Contacted nick at stereo integrity and he basically told me my tune was too high. Said I should shoot for around 28hz and even lower. So, I added an additional baffle and purchased an American bass xfl since I had already built the box.

It's a great sub but tuning frequency is less dependant on the actual sub and more on personal preference and goal.

The sql is pretty much the king of sealed box subs from what I can find and considered doing 2 of them in my truck but I don't typically like sealed enclosures so I backed away from the idea.

I tried to contact Nick, sometimes it’s faster to use the forum. You don’t see many people who can give feedback on the brand, or their experience with it. Quality seems really good from all reports but not much in way of fine tuning. 1.5 cu ft for 12, but if you go 3.5 is that okay too or stick to smaller enclosures. It’s just tough ordering a new subwoofer and not really knowing what it will turn out like.

It's a great sub but tuning frequency is less dependant on the actual sub and more on personal preference and goal.

The sql is pretty much the king of sealed box subs from what I can find and considered doing 2 of them in my truck but I don't typically like sealed enclosures so I backed away from the idea.
I myself love sealed boxes when subs get the proper air space. I know how good a ported box can sound but I’m a sealed guy to the core. I do find myself enjoying the output of ported though. Every enclosure I’ve built for my truck has been ported. If I could come up with a sealed setup that would get decently loud in my truck then I would definitely give it a try.

I also thought about a single SQL15. With a 1500 watt amp it might be the right combination. Didn’t think it would be so back and forth on which setup to go with.

I tried to contact Nick, sometimes it’s faster to use the forum. You don’t see many people who can give feedback on the brand, or their experience with it. Quality seems really good from all reports but not much in way of fine tuning. 1.5 cu ft for 12, but if you go 3.5 is that okay too or stick to smaller enclosures. It’s just tough ordering a new subwoofer and not really knowing what it will turn out like.

Diymobileaudio.com is the place to ask about stereo integrity

They posted this beauty a few weeks ago 😍

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...