dual alt vs cap

Ok here is my biggest issue with my system..... dimming lights..so

I got a kinetic 1800 and a 1000cca battery still dimming.

I was looking into HO alt but..dont have that kind of money but I have a alt off a 3500 6.5 chevy

looks just like mine..

My idea here is dual alts but what all goes into that..

Or would adding a cap close to amp do the trick

..1600 rms but I like my AC

The dual alt setup would be a lot of work. Not sure you need that for your system. Two batteries should be enough for that amount of power, if you have a decent stock alt. Have you checked your grounds?

Don't even consider a cap. They will add additional strain to your electrical. A dual-alt setup is pretty extreme for a mere 1600wrms.

Car Audio CAPACITORS: Why They DON'T Work

Check all your grounds. If it isn't a grounding issue then it's time to upgrade your alternator. You can add more batteries (which will stabilize voltage) but this will only mask the underlying problem of a small charging source. (Weak stock alt)

The funny thing about caps -- if DIMMING is really what you want to fix, then don't put a big ol' cap in back for your amps.

Trace the power wire for your headlights and install a small (1/2 F) cap before the split. THAT will cure dimming...but your alt will still be struggling.

Nobody ever does this, but it should work.

of course, gains were set on the lower side and i probably had a lot of rise but its sure as hell a lot more current then OP's pullin. Volts were low though, down to the low 12s.
Lol than you can't say you did it. It's like saying you had a 10k wired at 10ohms on a stock alt.

I ran 4k on a stock alt, lead acid front and a group 31 battery in the back fine, there is some grounding issues you are experiencing man. Done big 3 yet?
With all due respect -- the issue here is dimming.

You didn't dim because your alt rarely recovered to ~14v. You were probably hovering at 12-13 most of the time.

No voltage swing, no dimming.

A little power window motor will dim headlights.

With all due respect -- the issue here is dimming.You didn't dim because your alt rarely recovered to ~14v. You were probably hovering at 12-13 most of the time.

No voltage swing, no dimming.

A little power window motor will dim headlights.
Power window will dim? You must be playing with some ****** rides man

Ok here is my biggest issue with my system..... dimming lights..soI got a kinetic 1800 and a 1000cca battery still dimming.

I was looking into HO alt but..dont have that kind of money but I have a alt off a 3500 6.5 chevy

looks just like mine..

My idea here is dual alts but what all goes into that..

Or would adding a cap close to amp do the trick

..1600 rms but I like my AC

have you done the big 3

I have a 0ga welding lead off alt to batt and batt to batt 0ga welding lead -frame to motor frame to amp frame to both batts ......this wire is like a bottle cap of copper in rubber and I didnt think of 1/2f cap in headlight wires gona try that

I have a 0ga welding lead off alt to batt and batt to batt 0ga welding lead -frame to motor frame to amp frame to both batts ......this wire is like a bottle cap of copper in rubber and I didnt think of 1/2f cap in headlight wires gona try that
That cap is not going to help all the other stuggling electronics you are burning up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.