Dual 2 ohm vc. P/s or s/p?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skoty422
10+ year member

I have two dual 2 ohm vc subs. I am wiring them to a monoblock that is 2 ohm stable. I can wire the vc in series to give me a 4 ohm speaker. Then wire both speakers together in parallel to give me a 2 ohm load. Or I can wire the vc of each speaker in parallel to give me a 1 ohm load the wire both speakers together in series to give me a 2 ohm load.

Both ways give me the same impedance.

Which way is better and can someone please explain why?

I would think wiring vc in series then speakers in parallel. But if ther is a difference in any aspect I'd like to learn. I have tried to find out myself but come up empty handed.

Yes. But what I'm asking is if I am wanting a 2 ohm load to be what my final ohm load is on the two subs. Then there is two ways to get to that two ohm load. Why is one way better than the other? What is the difference?

Wire them both up at 4 ohm and then out to the amp in parallel. I can't understand the way you're getting to a 2 ohm load any other way?

If I wire the voice coils in parallel then I would have a 1 ohm speaker right?

Well if I have two speakers withe both voice coils wired in parallel and then wire the speakers together in series would that not give me 2 ohm load?

If I wired the voice coils in series then I would have a 4 ohm speaker. Then if I wired them two together in parallel it would be 2 ohms right?

I may be wrong but that's how I understand it. If I'm wrong then please explain.

Does dad shut up.If he does series parallel or parallel series he'll get two ohms. I believe parallel then series is better for a higher bl
Shuttin' up... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Dirt rider, you say parallel then series? Can you give me any explanation to why you believe it's better? And what is "bl"? I have read that running in series causes more distortion. And that it should be avoided if ever possible( which in my case is not). But I'm just trying to figure out what is the difference in the two wiring configurations. And which do y'all prefer or reccomend? And if possible maybe a little "101" as to why?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.