dual 10" seal sub recommendations

Deejor
10+ year member

Just ordered a ppi p900.5 to juice up my minivan system. The amp is rated for 440W @ 2ohms. I'm planning on building a custom sealed enclosure to fit between the front row seats with about 1 cubic feet of volume. What would be a good set of 10's to get given those conditions?

I was originally looking at a couple SA E10D4 but they are rated at 400W ea. and I'm thinking that two would be pretty underpowered with that amp otherwise they sound like a good match.

Thoughts?

Just ordered a ppi p900.5 to juice up my minivan system. The amp is rated for 440W @ 2ohms. I'm planning on building a custom sealed enclosure to fit between the front row seats with about 1 cubic feet of volume. What would be a good set of 10's to get given those conditions?
I was originally looking at a couple SA E10D4 but they are rated at 400W ea. and I'm thinking that two would be pretty underpowered with that amp otherwise they sound like a good match.

Thoughts?
Ever think 1 10" ported?

DC Audio - Level 2

Recommended is 1 cube ported for a 10"

Seems like that may be the only real option with the power available. So then the question would be what sub should I be looking at for a 1 cube ported box? I'll search on it but taking all suggestions in the mean time. I'm assuming the SA E10 I was looking at originally it probably optimal for a sealed enclosure and will not be a great match for ported.

I'm planning on building a custom sealed enclosure to fit between the front row seats
So they will be practically in the middle of the van? You will have loss of bass and degraded sound quality.

Thoughts?
We have a DC lvl2 10" for sale, it is in mint condition. Let me know if you are interested.

@Beatin' - Degraded sound quality of the bass frequencies? or are you saying it will interfere with the fronts? I guess its in the middle of the van width-wise but only about 1 ft away from the dash so technically about as close to the front as boxes normally are to the back. I thought bass was non-directional and that it wouldnt matter much where it was placed, although looking around here that seems not to be the case in cars.

I want it up front for a few reasons:

1) I use the fold down rear seat occasionally and still want to be able to jam with it down.

2) There's a nice open space there that basically fills up with junk so its perfect functionally, minus the somewhat limited size (approx 12"x22"x16").

3) Nobody walks there and I have 4 kids, most other locations would be subject to abuse of some sort or another.

Anyway I got the idea from this project I found (Stage 2: Custom Center Console Sub Photo Gallery by shinjohn at pbase.com). I was planning on following that example but I ended up getting an amp that probably wont be ideal for driving 2 10's. I also liked the idea that a sealed enclosure would give better sound quality/reproduction.

Whatever, basically I just want something that hits good and fits with the amp I just ordered so now I'm digging around trying to understand how to fit all the pieces together. I'd rather do the research/work myself and end up learning how everything interacts so that I can design the best system for me in the long run.

Messed around with WinISD a bit and after inputting the t/s params for the SA E10D4 its recommending a box that is 13.15"x20.2"x8.5" for a Qtc of 0.71. I'm curious if I can mess with those dimensions much while keeping the interior volume the same and keep the same Qtc?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.