Drove a Tesla Model S PD85 AWD

Fake news^^^ That is a copper mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Gotta love fake news brain washing the people of America. Fake news is even effecting the weather reports in my area, trying to make the most doom and gloom reports in order to get more people to watch. Guy at work was telling me that we were going to get 3” of rain and flooding and my app said rain showers and 1/2” of rain. We ended up getting a mix or rain and sun totaling to maybe 1/4” of rain. They shut down their entire company of 200 employees because of fake news, idiots.

naw dude i'd love me a tesla model S, sh*t drives soo smooth. Literally no delay in acceleration. In California traffic, thats everything. Cars that do better in the long distance run have zero place in Cali.
I know! My LEAF has that "slot car" INSTANT acceleration too! That is 100$ ELECTRIC!! I love it! You know how when you're sitting in the left lane with your left turn signal on waiting to turn left, but there's one of those no-gap lines of cars blocking your left turn driving the other way blocking your left turn? Well, once I was IN that situation and there was a small space that makes ya think "maybe I could have made that!"? Well, I DID ONCE!! Saw the little space coming and at the right MOMENT stomped on my accelerator, and ZOOM!! I probably scared the hell out of the driver I turned left just in front of, because they probably never saw a little shiny RED car move THAT FAST!! :) And I had to hit my brake very quickly because I was doing about 25 or 30MPH as soon as my Leaf was entering the parking lot I was turning left INTO!

Why here knows the difference between horsepower and TORQUE? Hah!! PHYSICS!!

Physics is COOL!

John Kuthe...

so proves my point but i really meant 1 that looks as good as high $ model and when i said they i meant any company.. like chevy could make 1 looks like a malibu as far as $ i mean $28,999 retail and with us model they sell at $24k and then us should give bigger tax credit so it's like 14k.. anyway goal is stop using so much gas but once 1/2 peeps have electric cars we'll have blackouts from everyone charging cars lol..

If a Nissan leak could beat that Tesla model S off the line than that would be an amazing feat. The Tesla model S can do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds when the conditions are just right.
I remember when I had my modified Toyota Tundra, lot’s of low end torque, and a guy in a Honda Insight destroyed me off the line. You know those tiny little two seat cars with the rear wheel only half exposed. Totally surprised me! That car I believe is a hybrid electric, one of Honda’s first.
1.9 seconds 0-60MPH! Tesla S, fastest production car 0-60MPH in the U.S. right now!

Yep, and that Insight beat you with an ELECTRIC TORQUE CURVE!! Meanwhile your big HEAVY Internal Combustion Engine powered vehicle was too bogged down just getting it's massive BULK of *MASS* moving!! Disgusting!!

A heat engine (which every internal combustion engine is!) has a maximum theoretical efficiency defined by the Carnot heat engine model which by thermodynamics is always less than 100% and typically much MUCH lower. And cars and truck are not powered by idealized theoretical heat engine models, they are powered by big ugly gasoline drinking inefficient actual realizations of a heat engine.

Wikipedia has a great page on the internal combustion engine, and in particular relating to it's efficiency (or lack thereof):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_combustion_engine#Energy_efficiency

Wherein Wikipedia says "Even when aided with turbochargers and stock efficiency aids, most engines retain an average efficiency of about 18%-20%." So that means out of $100 you put in your gas tank, most is already gone and wasted R/T inherent inefficiency so we have about $20 worth to work with to provide real usable work.

Now lets look at the relative weights between vehicle and passenger. I weigh about 180lbs, and my 1994 Dodge Caravan weighs about 3900lbs:

http://answers.bloglines.com/Car/how_much_does_a_dodge_caravan_weigh

So to make calculation easy lets say I weigh 200lbs and my Caravan weights 4000lbs. A close estimate. 4000/200 = 20, or my Caravan weighs 20 times as much as I do! Or it's gonna take 20 times the energy to push my Caravan around as it will take to push ME around!!

1/20 of $20 is ONE DOLLAR!! One dollar out of my $100 spent on gasoline goes to pushing ME around!! That's 1%!! And while I'm a little overweight and my Caravan's not among the heaviest vehicles out there, you should be able to clearly see that no one in any internal combustion powered vehicle is gonna get much better than 1% or so efficiency out of their DOLLARS SPENT ON GASOLINE!!

QED

John Kuthe...

Yeah, last year was a great time to get Leafs off lease! I had two to pick from at my local STL dealer.
John Kuthe...
better hope that battery in that used leaf lasts more than 3 more years or that 6k it will cost to replace will be just like having to buy gas the whole time lol

better hope that battery in that used leaf lasts more than 3 more years or that 6k it will cost to replace will be just like having to buy gas the whole time lol
It's doing FINE! Cold weather's a little harsh, but still OK. Too many buttons and it keeps whining at me about low tire pressure! You just gave me a good idea too! I was just moving my bicycle pump and I could take it outside and...

And when I DO get a new battery it will be like getting a brand new engine AND transmission!! I'm retiring soon, and Il;ve had my $1000 on Tesla's Model 3 for a long time. It may bed the last carf I own before I die!

John Kuthe...

A Tesla Model S would beat my Nissan Leaf, although we'd BOTH beat you off the line in the first 300 ft! Isn't the TORQUE CURVE of 100% electrics amazing?
I LOVE beating especially big heavy trucks off a stop light! Hee hee! They never saw a little red car move SO FAST! :) And the best thing, uses ZERO gasoline! Has bars of charge like your phone! Hee hee!

John Kuthe...
Your car does 10.4 0-60 according to car and driver. My big heavy 4 door truck that can haul stuff and fit 6 comfortably does 0-60 in 6.7 according to car and driver. So my bad news for you is the only ones you're beating don't know you're trying to get ahead of them. No one is impressed with the leaf except for some women that don't appreciate nice things and hipsters.

Gotta love fake news brain washing the people of America. Fake news is even effecting the weather reports in my area, trying to make the most doom and gloom reports in order to get more people to watch. Guy at work was telling me that we were going to get 3” of rain and flooding and my app said rain showers and 1/2” of rain. We ended up getting a mix or rain and sun totaling to maybe 1/4” of rain. They shut down their entire company of 200 employees because of fake news, idiots.
we had opposite problem, they said no snow, we got 6"..

Your car does 10.4 0-60 according to car and driver. My big heavy 4 door truck that can haul stuff and fit 6 comfortably does 0-60 in 6.7 according to car and driver. So my bad news for you is the only ones you're beating don't know you're trying to get ahead of them. No one is impressed with the leaf except for some women that don't appreciate nice things and hipsters.
ROFL!!! I have my 2006 Grand Caravan "Baby II" for all that, but I DON'T have to drive it AND BURN GASOLINE to buy groceries, etgc. And basically ANY in-city driving I do! Like to client's homes for my job as a Nursing Supervisor with a new nursing agency I've been with for almost a couple of years now, and just started getting more Nurse Supervisor visits with.

Easing into RETIREMENT! SOON!! You?

;-)

John Kuthe...

ROFL!!! I have my 2006 Grand Caravan "Baby II" for all that, but I DON'T have to drive it AND BURN GASOLINE to buy groceries, etgc. And basically ANY in-city driving I do! Like to client's homes for my job as a Nursing Supervisor with a new nursing agency I've been with for almost a couple of years now, and just started getting more Nurse Supervisor visits with.
Easing into RETIREMENT! SOON!! You?

;-)

John Kuthe...
My god you deal with clients, i'm sure everyone is happy you're easing into retirement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.