Dream Demo System Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

orion4me
10+ year member

I need to put a demo system in my 1997 Ford Explorer Sport. I am in the process of opening my own shop and I need something to state my presents. The doors hold 5.25's and the backs are 5x7's. Then you get to the Subs: I have debated on 2 Kicker 15"L7's or 12 10" Subs and so on and so on........ To power everything I have looked at DEI, MTX, JBL, Fosgate and so on......I just can't make up my mind. I have access to most brands but I just can't settle on anything. Can you help? It has to be nice and sound crystal clear. I figured that I would build custom 'glass kick panals to help the mids and hi's out. I figure that the back hatch area is over 20 cubic feet so size is not a problem. HELP......PLEASE. Email me if you have pics or ideas or just respond with any advice possible. Price is not really an option just not out of this world. HAHA

tramey@caraudio.com

thanks Troy

It took me a while to leran this, but its a valuable lesson - go round have a listen, go to your local store, comps and the rest of it.....its not what is the most expensive, the most favourably reviewed that is the best, its what YOU personally find appealing. If u think that the setup you are looking at is better than anthing before, then, even if its Pyle (hypothetically speaking) and you think its great, then thats the stuff.............but for me my dream systme would go something like this (a mixture of SPL/SQ)

1. 4x12 IDMax's, sealed box (or maybe some 3512 or 9012s, or Eclipse DVCs or some Crystal subs....there is sooooooooooooooo mcuh good stuff avaiulable today!!!!!!!!!!)

2. 1 amp per pair of IDMax's/Eclipse's/Crystals/subs - lot to choose from - MTX8100D, Zapco, PPI - but it should be clean, big and powerful

3. Dynaudio components at the front in custom kickbuilds

4. MBQuart Q series for rear fill

5. Xtant amps for components

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I can dream.......can't i?????

Something to keep in mind, that is an expense that unless you have tons of cash burning a hole in your pocket, is better kept in your pocket until you build a clientel base(sp?). I have seen many shops with with without demo vehicles ..Usually the ones with have been around a few years..The new ones are just trying to recycle the money the make till they turn higher profits. just my 2 bits.

Mike

Thanks for the help guys. It is very fun to dream. This system isn't about price at all. I just need something to show my talents. It dosen't have to be BIG just very nice and clean. I have been on the phone with distributors all morning to decide what products I want to carry. I just want to pry into the creative car audio worlds brain a little to see what YOU would build. Thanks for the responses and keep them coming. TR

Good point. I think I would want Focal Poly Kev components, with ID subs..No rear fill. Audio control for the tweaking and crossover..Amps well there are too many good amps to be named. Pick one that you wanna push or the best you can afford.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.