Downsizing Options

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fender5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
Whats up CA?

I've had this setup (in signature) for a few years now and looking to downsize.

Box is 4 cu ft tuned at 32 hz.

I have deadened doors & rear deck with damplifier

Kinetik HC600 w/ all Knu wiring

The best I've metered was 143.5 db

Now I need trunk space and can't sacrifice bass. Also current box is heavy as fawk.

What sub setup will give me around the same power at 1 ohm.

I'm thinkin Fi BL or DD 2500. I listen to rap, dubstep, some rock. Wouldn't mind tuning at like 34hz

How much do you think 2 RE SEs & 4cu custom (just regular box) made box would sell for

the bl can get nasty and louder at lower tuning. my 2510 metered better than that with 1k going to it but was tuned to 40hz in a pick up. id prolly go with a bl or maybe a sundown z or ssa icon. the 2500 can take the power and sound fine doing it but you would be at its upper limit wattage wise; and a larger motor on less wattage is generally louder while being safe on later upgrading power. the 2500 can only realistically take 1600w max after that it will get stinky fast.

i forgot to mention I drive a 96 Honda Accord, always have done sub front, port in the middle.

How did you like the sound of the 2510?

The Z is discontinued, and i'd like to buy new for sure.

I need a subwoofer that will go great with the AQ1200

I have 2 fi ssd 10's basically entry level. omg they are loud and clean being run by an alpine mrp m1000 in 1.02 per chamber tuned at 36hz. They are built like tanks only downside i have is trying to fit large gauge speaker wire into terminals but with what i am running and how they sound i dont think i needed it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.