Downfired 12TW3 box design question

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am going to put 2 12TW3's in my ragtop impala. They will be drown fired behind the rear seat under the top. My question is whether it will be better to have the panel of the box that the subs are mounted on angled like in the link below?

The Inverted Wedge Subwoofer Design by DECWARE

JL says to leave 2" clearance so I was thinking 2" at the back of the car and maybe 3-4 at the front.

Also should the other 3 sides be sealed in or just the 2 sides?

I am going to put 2 12TW3's in my ragtop impala. They will be drown fired behind the rear seat under the top. My question is whether it will be better to have the panel of the box that the subs are mounted on angled like in the link below?
The Inverted Wedge Subwoofer Design by DECWARE

JL says to leave 2" clearance so I was thinking 2" at the back of the car and maybe 3-4 at the front.

Also should the other 3 sides be sealed in or just the 2 sides?

This design was real popular back in the 90's. I have actually built a couple of these, but mostly in the rear of camaros. The little t-top area back there made great spots for down firing slotted enclosures. Have also seen them in the back of SUV's.

This design was real popular back in the 90's. I have actually built a couple of these, but mostly in the rear of camaros. The little t-top area back there made great spots for down firing slotted enclosures. Have also seen them in the back of SUV's.
Did you angle the baffle? and or how many sides did you enclose, 2 0r 3?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.