Double Din?

I am not a fan of that kenwood unit. The GUI feels cheap and by the time you add NAV abilities to it, you are upwards of $1500.

At that cost, you could easily get yourself an Eclipse Double Din unit. Eclipse makes amazing equipment. One of the best purchases I have ever made electronics wise was my eclipse CD unit. Their theft protection and warranty's are amazing.

The Output voltage is the only issue however. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

AVN-2454 $1600 off ebay $1900+ from a dealer

8d_1_b.JPG

GENERAL

Power Supply: 13.2V DC (11-16V)

Current Drain: 3.5A (0.5W)

Power Output: 50 watts x 4 (MAX)

Lineout Output Level: 0.8V (0dB)

Dimensions (W x H x D): 7-1/2 inches x 4-1/2 inches x 6-1/2 (180 mm x 100 mm x 165 mm)

MASS (Weight): 3.7 kg

Display

Display: 6.5-inch wide (16:9), low-glare panel

Resolution: 280,800 dots

(400 x 234 x 3)

Display Method: Through-type color filter

Panel Type: Color TFT active matrix

Brightness: 150 (cd/m3)

Drive System: Horizontal-shaped

cathode tube

System: NTSC

Screen Aspect Ratio: 4 types

FM TUNER

Frequency Response: 30-15,000Hz, +/- 3dB

Stereo Separation: 38 dB (1 kHz)

CD SECTION

Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz, +/- 1dB

Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03 dB (0 dB, 1 kHz)

EQUALIZER SECTION

Graphic Equalizer: 63 Hz ~ 12,000 kHz (1/2 oct step) +/- 10 dB

Also check out the AVX2494, which has a built in CD ripper and 20gb hard drive. You can find it for around $1300, but it doesn't have any NAV.

I've thought about the Eclipse Double Din HU but went with the Kenwood DDX7015. Only because I really didnt want to pay more than $1200 for it and I got the Kenwood for $999 and it was NOT refurbished, it was actually brand new and factory sealed. Anyways, I am VERY happy with the Kenwood and is very easy to use. I heard alot of people who got the Eclipse had difficulty using it because of the abundant features. Besides that, my Kenwood allows me to watch Music Videos and still has the same quality music as a normal CD. Its freaking great because people look into my car like, WHOA he is watching a music video and at the same time bumping LOAD! Thats just my 2 cents. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I always thought highly of Kenwood, just liked Alpine better. And most DD are real cheasy. Never saw it in person yet but my boys pics and online picks looks awesome. Plus it's a DVD player and Sirius ready. We shall see, I ordered the unit yesterday and it should be here by Friday. I'll take some pics once I get it installed. I got it for $900. Do you happen to know the voltage?

Do you happen to know the voltage?
Kenwood DDX7015

Preamp Voltage 2 volts

High Voltage Preamp Output: when Used with Optional Digital Processor

High Voltage Preamp Output: 4.5V

The KDS-P901 is another $500 unless you can find one on ebay. One went for over $200 recently, and there is one on there now starting bid at $100.

Thanks rogue!!!

Is the 2 volts gonna be a problem? What kinda problems can it cause? Does it effect the Tuning of the amps or something?

Also, With the Digital processor. I'm not clear why a car would need it? I mean, I understand the concept in Home theater set up cuz you have a center channel. But in a car you don't, so the signal will be 5.1 without a center channel? So for example, if you are playing a DVD will you hear the voice of a person come out all the channels? are we just concerned with the right/left and front/rear and the sub with the processor? I might need it anyway just to get the high voltage to the HU but I'm just not clear on what it does for a car without a center channel.

Thanks

ehhh- you can add a line driver of sort, or an outboard eq/crossover or processor to boost you up- but it leads to more $$, work- and which leads to most of the features in the HU useless

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.