Double din touch headunit

I picked up a avic-900, dvd, nav, etc. @ best buy for $450, I think they were discontinued so not sure if u can find one. Love mine and the nav is superior to tom tom.

I picked up a avic-900, dvd, nav, etc. @ best buy for $450, I think they were discontinued so not sure if u can find one. Love mine and the nav is superior to tom tom.
No BB around here. Futurshop ***** ball. I wish i could get one for a such nice price

I may have a hookup on a d1 avic, even better i think. Won it on ebay and the guy demanded more money and I refused, he may still have it for around 350.

i may end up buying sooner than expected, they all look so nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

except the eclipse's one. I though they only made quality product but the nav menu look so 1983 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have the DNX 9140, and it does everything you are looking for - just not sure about active capability. Love the sound of it, and has tonnes of audio tweaking options including car type, dta, 13-band eq etc. Plays ipod videos, divx etc as well. The only drawback is that interface is not very intuitive and takes a bit getting used to. The Pioneer Z110BT is another new option - much better interface, but does not have dta or extensive eq. When I switched from another Pioneer unit to Kenwood, I found Kenwood to have MUCH better sound quality.

I got it for $1150 from 6th ave, which may not be available any more, but I heard they are giving it for $1250 easily if you call them.

I have the DNX 9140, and it does everything you are looking for - just not sure about active capability. Love the sound of it, and has tonnes of audio tweaking options including car type, dta, 13-band eq etc. Plays ipod videos, divx etc as well. The only drawback is that interface is not very intuitive and takes a bit getting used to. The Pioneer Z110BT is another new option - much better interface, but does not have dta or extensive eq. When I switched from another Pioneer unit to Kenwood, I found Kenwood to have MUCH better sound quality.
I got it for $1150 from 6th ave, which may not be available any more, but I heard they are giving it for $1250 easily if you call them.
thanks for the infos dude,

the shop you're talking about is like 8k miles away from me lol and price is a bit too high.

thanks anyway

Xprime, just curious as I'm looking for pretty much the same head unit you are, what models are you interested in right now?

Xprime, just curious as I'm looking for pretty much the same head unit you are, what models are you interested in right now?
the f900bt or the older d3 are in my sight atm. still looking to get a good deal.

what is your budget? Guy mentioned the dnx9140, well the dnx8120 (last years kenwood flagship unit) can be had on ebay for roughly 700 ish and its basically the 9140... 9140 has a few small differences. Ive owned 4 different nav/dvd units (pioneer, alpine, eclipse, kenwood) and this 8120 is by far my favorite.

You'll need an external processor. There aren't any DDin units out there with really good processing or almost every SQ enthusiest would be all over them, me included. Closest thing at the cheapest price is a W200/205/505 and H701 combo and that'll still run you over a grand with nav.
check out the specs on the dnx9140 and 8120. both units have probably the best processing ive seen out of any unit that doesnt go active.

what is your budget? Guy mentioned the dnx9140, well the dnx8120 (last years kenwood flagship unit) can be had on ebay for roughly 700 ish and its basically the 9140... 9140 has a few small differences. Ive owned 4 different nav/dvd units (pioneer, alpine, eclipse, kenwood) and this 8120 is by far my favorite.
the only one on ebay is $1.2k, way over my small budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

the only one on ebay is $1.2k, way over my small budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
brand new, sure. didnt know it had to be new. theres a few on there with no reserve and bids of 500-700. plus i havent checked in about 2 months. when i bought mine there were a bunch of refurbished ones being sold for 749, which is what i bought.

Why not go carputer route? I'm building one with all the goodies, double din 7" touch screen, DVD, NAV, WiFi everything for under $800
browsing the forum while driving would be too tempting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

nah seriously not really looking into carpc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.