Double Din Recommendations SQ system

Eclipse AVN5500
Unless you want to control an iPod with it, then do the AVN6600. But you will get good SQ with the Eclipse and it is a good overall value considering that you get Nav and DVD included.

The only real drawback is if you want XM Radio. Eclipse only does Sirius. For me that was the deal breaker as I gotta have my baseball as I live in the boondocks and can't get good reception of the terrestrial radio broadcasts of my favorite team.

Also, people speak highly of both the Pioneer units and the Kenwood, but I can't speak intelligently on either one of those.

Are you wanting nav, ipod control, hard drive. I love my eclipse 6600 but there are other solutions that will be cheaper if you dont need navigation etc.

The z1 can't be grouned out. so you can't watch dvds while driving.

The Eclipse's are awsome but the 5500 only has one dvd drive- so no nav and dvd at the same time. And they are VERY expensive.. I'd get the 6600 if I had the money. Awesome head unit.

I went with the kenwood DDX-6019

I LOVE IT. Great sound, SD memory GPS unit sold seperatly, Ipod ready, Can be grouned out, DTS sound. 5.1 speaker set up ready. GREAT GREAT audio controls.

But the only thing i don't like it, is you can't set the wallpaper. but eh. it was cheap. 600 bucks on ebay, and 80 bucks for the 3 year warrenty.

Good Luck

there are ways to bypass the z1s its just a little more complicated than grounding it. But there is no point in going with something like the z1 if the OP doesnt need nav or a hard drive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.