Double DIN options Please?

gagakango

Looking for something with :

Blutooth

Pre outs

Rear camera either with or add on possibility

Not looking to go crazy, bought the bracket to mount in truck already so Double DIN is the way I am going.

Am looking at this : Jensen (VM922BT)

And was wondering if there might be another option alike

Does the headunit HAVE to have pre-outs? because if you decide you don't want pre-outs, it will really open up your options.

Would help to have pre out for sub amp. for the moment use deck power for door and rear speakers and an amp for a box to be built and put under rear ext cab truck seat. Rear camera for help hooking onto trailer when truck camper is on truck. Can purchase rear camera separate as long as the unit has the capability

a95 chev full size xt cab. awful all around but it's mine and I own it LOL

Truck looks good, runs great. Did a rebuild on the motor and it now has 350 or so horsepower.

The rear speakers are going to be a bit of a pain to replace and the double din is going to require dash mods but I look forwards to trying it out. I've bought the bracket already with a nice cover for mounting and making it look good. I just love the look of the Double DIN and it will help with the rear view cam and we have laws against blabbing on the phone whilst driving unless it is handsfree.

I used to like messing around with stereos as a younger guy but haven't done so in years. Now I have lots of tools and am a little better at working with my hands-that is if my hands didn't grab a beer and force me to sit in front of the firepit or tv.

i have a 97 myself ,z71 extra cab , 4 vfl 8's under the rear seat on 2200 rms ,double din in the dash as well .so i know your truck very well .also have an extra box for sale for 8 inch subs under the seat

i have a 97 myself ,z71 extra cab , 4 vfl 8's under the rear seat on 2200 rms ,double din in the dash as well .so i know your truck very well .also have an extra box for sale for 8 inch subs under the seat
I bet 4x8" rocks. I listen to most anything but rock and roll will always rule and that would hit hard I bet! I was going to work towards a couple eights in a box and be happy with that. A set of separates up front and just replace the rears(maybe as they are a true pain to get at) with same size.

Mine as well is a Z71 and while never going to be a showtruck it will look clean(I hope)

ok i raised my rear seat 2 " the box is .65 per sub ported at 34 hertz ,under the seat .also the components in my sig are in my doors ,the rear speakers are stock and powered off the deck .i have the vfl 4480 for the subs at .5 ohms and the vfl 150.4 bridged for the front components .3 runs of 0 gauge to distro blocks on the back wall. 2 odyssey pc 2150 batts under the hood and a stock alt for now.if your interested in doing 4 8's like me .i'll sell you my extra box $75 plus shipping.

As a guideline, I pretty much don't go with DDs that have less than 4V on the preout which, believe it or not, rules out a good deal of them.

Kenwood makes the DDX319 which offers some pretty solid options at its sub-300 dollar price point. There's also the Clarion NX602 and Pioneer AVH-P8400BH (which got price dropped a ton from when I bought it last year). Out of the lot, I'd say the Clarion will be the most feature-packed, but if you have an iPhone, the Pioneer will play the best with it since it has Advanced App Mode which will actually let you use Waze for free voice-guided turn by turn navigation.

Links:

Kenwood DDX319 In-Dash 6.1" Touchscreen LCD Car Stereo Receiver

Clarion NX602 6.2" DVD LCD Car Receiver w/ Bluetooth & Navigation

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH 7" Touchscreen DVD Car Receiver w/ Bluetooth

thanks for the offer, it sounds Like a good deal too but shipping would probably be the killer for me on that one. I used to work in a cabinet shop so am unafraid to smash together a box myself. Haven't looked for plans but may be able to dig them up on the wide world of internet. likely be a couple of 8's front firing. Don't know if I will go for tuned ported or keep the sealed box and keep a killer punch for my rock and roll taste.

thanks for the offer, it sounds Like a good deal too but shipping would probably be the killer for me on that one. I used to work in a cabinet shop so am unafraid to smash together a box myself. Haven't looked for plans but may be able to dig them up on the wide world of internet. likely be a couple of 8's front firing. Don't know if I will go for tuned ported or keep the sealed box and keep a killer punch for my rock and roll taste.
i listen to 80's hair band rock ,and this box works perfect for that type of music , but will get low when needed

i listen to 80's hair band rock ,and this box works perfect for that type of music , but will get low when needed
Really hey? I could look into that a little more then, although I truly don't think I want 4 subs, yet anyways. I know how it usually progresses LoL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.