Double din install in Trailblazer

willfordbrimlee

Nov 28, 2011
Toledo, OH
I'm lookin into installing a double din head unit, pioneer avh-p4400bh, and saw i was going to have to cut out or unbolt the stock stereos rear support bracket and was asking if someone could give me insight into that or pictures. I was also wondering about the parking brake bypass so i could watch videos without the parking brake engaged.

littledane

Feb 10, 2012
Fluvanna, Va
What year Trailblazer? i installed a 2din in my 05 and i didnt have to cut anything. I just pulled the dash apart and took out the stock unit. As far as the parking break bypass i think with pioneers you have to by a bypass switch. i think you can find them on Ebay.

winkychevelle

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jun 21, 2009
Ponchatoula, La
thats retail i can personally get them for about 20 bucks less but for 20buck difference i actually come out in the hole when you consider they give you a dash kit wiring harness and antenna adapter

littledane

Feb 10, 2012
Fluvanna, Va
do you have bose or onstar? if you do you will need the gms-04 interface which is not included in the wire harness from crutchfield. it will cost you about $100 for the interface.

winkychevelle

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jun 21, 2009
Ponchatoula, La
do you have bose or onstar? if you do you will need the gms-04 interface which is not included in the wire harness from crutchfield. it will cost you about $100 for the interface.
crutchfield wouldve notified him of this

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds