Double Din install in a Ford F150

Participant count
  • Participant list

F150Matt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm planning on getting an in dash TV for christmas maybe and I'm keeping the MP3 player I have now. I know u can fit two din sized receivers in the ford factory hole. The only thing is there is a slant at the top of the hole...I've been told u can cut this out or cut to slots in each side of it to make it like a flap. I also have been told to be careful, the EBS is right above the piece u have to cut. Has anyone done this before in an F150? Is there some sorta mounting kit I could use or do I just have to put them in there and they fit tight enough to work anyways? let me know. Thanks alot.

I'm by no means an expert at this, but as a 97 F-150 owner, after installing my kenwood CD player I realized that there is a track for the factory deck to slide in and out of the dash on, and it seems to me like it would be a lot of work to remove it. That is the reason most install kits have a shallow pocket above the cd player.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more assistance, just my 2 cents.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.