Double Amplifier setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kelvin snel

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all,

I currently got a new car which included a DynAudio system. Sadly it does not have a subwoofer so I figured I'd use my old one from my previous car, with itd own amplifier. I wired it all up and came across some problems. If any of you could help me out that would be great (check bottom for all parts listed):
- I could not connect my Aftermarket Subwoofer as it had RCA input and my headunit or other amplifier does not have any outputted. What to do?
- Do i connect my aftermarket amplifier to my headunit or to my other amplifier?
- I read something about an LOC is that what i need to convert my RCA cables and tap off wires? How does such a thing go?

Im quite new to all of this, but don't want to make a stupid mistake and breaking my equipment. I hope any of you can help me out!

Parts:
Aftermarket Amplifier: Pioneer GM-A3702
DynAudio Amplifier: Blaupunkt 5KO-035-456
Headunit: vw RNS-310

A line out converter (LOC) will take your signal from speaker wire and convert it into RCA's
You just have to tap into your existing speaking wire but i suggest getting one with a line driver in it boost the voltage or adding an active crossover will do the same thing.
Its fairly easy to install, splice into the +/- on two speakers (if you tap into them close to the stock amp which should be in the trunk it will save you having to run a bunch of wire) run those wires into the LOC and bob's your uncle you have RCA's.

Im quite new to all of this, but don't want to make a stupid mistake and breaking my equipment. I hope any of you can help me out!
What Kickstand said, plus this...
Screenshot_20210419-112548.png

Thank you for your reply, the proneer amplifier also has an speaker input (see picture), could i wlso connect those to my head unit or do i NEED to use the rca cables with an LC2I LOC?

could i wlso connect those to my head unit
You can use that as well. One thing I noticed is that the cheap LOCs and the built in Hi Inputs work well with OEM units that are not amplified or have very little features. The reason is that low feature OEMs do not protect the speakers so they play unaltered signal. In your case, I think you may have an altered signal because of the high end radio. Try it out, if it works, awesome. If not, you just add an LOC/DSP in the mix.

You can use that as well. One thing I noticed is that the cheap LOCs and the built in Hi Inputs work well with OEM units that are not amplified or have very little features. The reason is that low feature OEMs do not protect the speakers so they play unaltered signal. In your case, I think you may have an altered signal because of the high end radio. Try it out, if it works, awesome. If not, you just add an LOC/DSP in the mix.

Hi once again, I have a next question.

I bought the LOC LC2i pro. I want to connect my speaker wires to it but i can only take L+/- and R+/-. But my car headunit has Front and rear left and right +/-, do i connect the wires to the front or rear speakers? Or does this not matter? Then i also need to plug in a remote in and out cable to the LOC, which do i connect to the blue wire running back to my amp (in or out), and which wire do i connect from my headunit (see picture below) to the in or out? Thanks for the help, it has been very informative!

Attachments

• IMG_20210425_193247.jpg
    IMG_20210425_193247.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210425_195146.jpg
    IMG_20210425_195146.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210425_195148.jpg
    IMG_20210425_195148.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.