door speakers stopped working

Participant count
  • Participant list
over he weekend I replaced the alternator on my 1997 ford expedition and when my buddy hooked the battery back up he accidentally put the positive on the negative and negative on positive and it arched so he hooked it back up right way and now my radio turns on but the door speakers and subs aren't working. I checked ll the fuses and they are all good tried a new radio and still nothing.

A lot of times, cars will have 2 fuses for the radio. The radio will power on but the speakers wont play, the fuse under the hood is for the radio power, which I'm assuming is the one you checked. The one that runs the speakers is in a different fuse panel usually located inside a panel on the dash which is only accessible when you open the drivers side door. Look where your plastic from your door meets the plastic of the dash. Just remove the panel and check the fuses there. Reference this video.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.