Door Speaker wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

miller33541
10+ year member

Ok so heres what i have 10 selenium 6w4p 6" 8ohm speakers and 4 selenium st200 8ohm super tweeters and a 4 channel amp. I plan on putting 3 6" and 1 tweeter per front door, and 2 6" and tweeter per rear door. Ive decided to not go the route of components this time, yet im having issues trying to figure out the best way to wire these so im looking for options. Passive 3 way crossovers or an active crossover such as audio control or possibly both? Im familar with putting inline caps on the tweeters but wanted to see what my options were. Also would a second amp be useful? Thanks in advance

Umm...best advice....get another amp run all active....that is massively complicated bud
Thank you. Its kinda the route i was leaning on, im currently looking for another 4 channel amp and trying to figure out which one of the ever so many active x'overs to go with. Ill prob end up splitting the tweeters from the sequence on a 2 channel and use the 4 channel to split up all the 6's. I knew going in it was going to be complicated but wanted to give it a try anyways.

thats alot of wiring, add at least another amp, just for the power.
Your suggesting 2 4 channel amps and a 2 channel? I was thinking 1 4 channel with 3 8ohms in parallel each sideof the front and 2 8 ohms in parallel each side of the rear and a 2 channel to run the 4 tweeters since they would share the front channel rca's anyways.. like i said this is up for advice so im not knocking anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.